1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Project Super Duty  (Read 112201 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Project Super Duty
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
So, as eluded to in the shout box, the PSD has been stolen.

We arrived in Calgary Saturday Night around 5pm. Parked the truck on the street around 9pm. On Sunday morning, the truck was still there. We went out to run some errands in another car (the in-law's Edge) and came back around 2:30. Truck was still there. The Wife, Sister and Mother in-law came home around 3:00 and asked if moved the truck. That's when we found out it was gone. The neighbor said he pulled in @ 2:45 and the truck was gone by then. So a pretty tight window :moody:

It is bad enough to have get a vehicle stolen, but around Christmas and far away from home adds some challenges. The family is trying to help by pulling some strings at the local dealer and wholesale a used truck to get us home and have some wheels until insurance is sorted out.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
what I freaking nightmare.   I am so upset for you man, you are taking this way better than I would be for sure. 

Having been broken into 2 times doesn't come close to how I would feel if she was stolen.    Really sorry about this .

I hate bad people....
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »

I hate bad people....

A truer, more simpler statement there wasn't. 

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. 

Any chance of recovery?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #273 on: December 22, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »
sorry to hear about this.

Your truck was not a PATS version ?
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2014, 07:26:09 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. It is a just plain crappy situation. Not much you can do but suck it up and find a solution...and beer helps. There sure are some rotten people out there.

There is a chance of recovery, but I doubt it will be found this week if it wasn't found in 24 hours. The cops I spoke with say it is the most common vehicle stolen and I am assuming that is because most Super Duty's of this era are fleet keyed and don't have PATS (chip key, passive immobilizer). Usually the recovery time frame is about three weeks.

Tons of paperwork to fill out and I have a line on a truck that will do till this is all settled out. I hope to have more figured out by tomorrow. The rental car places wanted close to 2g's to rent something that can pull a small UHaul and I don't want to drive a 2x4 uhaul through the mountains.

At least the wife and I can stay in the area right till New Years if we need some more time.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
Wow, the (bad) things some (bad) folks will do around Christmas never ceases to amaze me. The good thing is that none of you were around when it was stolen. I know most of us would have probably tried to stop the thieves, but many times they're better armed and a truck can be replaced - people cannot. I just hope the rest of your holiday is better than this.

If there's anything I can do, you have my number.

Tom

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »
Any update this AM ?

I don't know if the police have any idea who to look for this.
In the metro area here, they have a real good idea of where to look.  That is why most get boxed up and shipped to Eastern Europe.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »
Any update this AM ?

I don't know if the police have any idea who to look for this.
In the metro area here, they have a real good idea of where to look.  That is why most get boxed up and shipped to Eastern Europe.

I don't think they really know. It seems to be more on a basis of being called in type of thing. The issue is that we are in such an area that once you get even 40 miles out of town, you are in the middle of nowhere. From what I have heard the Super Duty is a common target for joy riders or those who just want to get somewhere. The Police said it might have been a target due to the brand new tires as they are easy cash.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »
I gotta say that I have some incredibly generous family.

The plan today was to pop up to the dealer where my cousin works and see what is on the lot. It was a crazy amount to rent and a flight home would have left all our stuff here.

My Uncle drove down, picked me up (about an hour or so drive one way) and brought me to the dealer. Sitting there was a 2010 F150 XLT XTR Registered, insured and PAID FOR! My Uncle figured he was going to pull the trigger on it eventually anyway and bought it early so I could use it until things are sorted out. Obviously I was floored.

As I will be driving it a fair ways, he said I can just buy it off of him if I want it once we find out what is going to happen in the end. Otherwise, I'll fly him out and he will drive it back.

I'll try to post a pic in the morning.

In the meantime, since I haven't heard anything on the PSD, I don't expect that they will come across it while I am still in the area. Maybe it will pop up eventually, at least then I can find out what happened to it. Closure would be nice.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Man .. that sucks.  At least you have a way back home now.   Hope it works out as best it can.     Merry Christmas anyway!
================

Doug

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
That's awesome of your uncle.  If you return it to him, can we expect a fully detail before it is picked up? 

Hopefully your truck is recovered and not in pieces. 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »
Your uncle helping out is great.  Awesome that your family is pulling together for you guys.

Hopefully the insurance company does not give you too much of a run around with it and just settle the claim, without waiting out the results.

Have a great Christmas.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2014, 12:02:10 AM »
That's awesome of your uncle.  If you return it to him, can we expect a fully detail before it is picked up? 

Hopefully your truck is recovered and not in pieces. 

Tapatalkin...

I was talking with the wife and since we both get the 2nd off, we were thinking about getting the interior done then and then picking a weekend to get the exterior done.
I want to get to it as soon as possible so it will be good to go anytime we work out getting it back to him.

I really hope it is found before we have to take off back to BC.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2014, 08:29:40 AM »
I was talking with the wife and since we both get the 2nd off, we were thinking about getting the interior done then and then picking a weekend to get the exterior done. ...<snip>..

Pictures or it never happened.

Make sure to clean off the camera before you start, so you do not run out of storage. :redneck:
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2014, 09:26:44 AM »
Wow, that's one super uncle you have there! Somebody really had the Christmas spirit - which is good for you since somebody else obviously didn't. I hope the rest of your holiday is merry and safe!

* Recent Photos

IMG_8131.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal