1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Vacuum cleaners  (Read 8435 times)

Offline beatcop49

• Café Member
Vacuum cleaners
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:23:44 PM »
I'm tired of driving to the local car wash, putting in 75 cents ( which is never enough), and using their vacuums.  Don't get me wrong, they do OK, but I can get the nozzle into the tight spaces like between the door and the side of the seat. 

Does any of the experts here have a good recommendation on a portable car vacuum?

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Vacuum cleaners
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
I guess you could call mine "portable" because I can move it around the garage, but it's pretty big and heavy. It's a Sears Shop Vac and with all of the attachments, it can get to and suck up almost anything. Not sure if that helps you though.

Offline beatcop49

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
I guess you could call mine "portable" because I can move it around the garage, but it's pretty big and heavy. It's a Sears Shop Vac and with all of the attachments, it can get to and suck up almost anything. Not sure if that helps you though.

Thanks . I wish I had room to keep one. I live in a town house with limited space for storage.  Wonder if they make a small one?

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »
I have a mini one I use for the boat. It's still 110 volt, but it's about the size of a one gallon paint pail. And it actually works pretty decently.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »
Can't really go wrong with a plain ole shop vac. I leant mine to someone a few years ago and I doubt I'll ever get it back. Miss that dang thing.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:23:05 AM »
I use my "some even decades" old Rigid shop vac, but one I have been looking at for a for the work shop ( triple dust deputy, dust collector ) is the Shop-Vac brand 5 gal bucket vacuum.

It is made to snap on to the top of a 5 gal bucket, 6.5 A motor 170 CFM, 52" ( water, no more Hg" like yester-years ).  Comes with a 4' hose, but it is standard 1.25" hose so you can get what you want hose length and adapter wise ( crevice, floor, brush, claw, wtc ).

The Shop-Vac brand has more oomph to it than the one at Home Depot ( bucket head ). 
BucketVac ( don't confuse it for the HD one ) is another one with good ratings to it ( 6.7 A, 100 CFM and 60" water ).

Might work nice, as when you are done, you can put the hose and adapters in the 5 gal bucket ( or a 7 gal bucket if you get too many adapters or a lot of hose ).

Just a thought, the reason I looked at it was for dust collecting in the shop, I have a single cyclone dust deputy with a single vac on it now, looking for a bit of upgrade to it by using the triple cyclone with 2 bucket vacs and the shop vac.
something like this, but with an addition vac input from the shop vac

you might be better off with the BucketVac brand, as it is slightly higher in the inches of water area ( what pulls dirt out of carpet ) with a lower CFM ( I need higher CFM for the dust collector ) attached to a 7 gal bucket ( put the cord, longer hose, tools in 7 gal easier ), but it is a bit more spendy for the additional 8" of water spec ( getting to the price of a normal shop vac ).
Steve

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »
I use my Miele S7 Cat & Dog with the rotary brush attachment for just about everything. I also have a large Rigid shop vac that I use and it works very well.

Here's the Miele it's pricey but well worth every penny.

http://www.mieleusa.com/usa/vacuums/product.asp?cat=1&subcat=2&model=577&series=117&nav=&snav=&tnav=&oT=293&menu_id=6&active=Our%20Products&subm=Vacuum%20Cleaners&thirdL=Uprights&fourthL=Products&
Good enough never is

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
The question is how much do you want to spend and does it need to be wet/dry?

If you don't need wet capability, and are willing to spend the money, a Metro vac is the way to go. Smaller and quieter than a Shopvac, but much more powerful. Mine is rated at 95" water.

Offline beatcop49

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »
The question is how much do you want to spend and does it need to be wet/dry?

If you don't need wet capability, and are willing to spend the money, a Metro vac is the way to go. Smaller and quieter than a Shopvac, but much more powerful. Mine is rated at 95" water.

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-VM6BS500-Professional-Performance/dp/B001U899J4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363548873&sr=8-2&keywords=metrovac

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
I have vacuums coming out my ears .. 

this one might work for you. I have one of these that I use for remote locations and cleaning the storage unit out.  I have been very pleased with it.  It runs on AC or battery power.

Dewalt DC500 2 Gallon Cordless / Corded Wet Dry Vacuum with Gore Wet and Dry Filter

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC500-2-Gallon--18-Volt-Cordless/dp/B0000CCXTN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363624800&sr=8-1&keywords=dewalt+wet+vac
================

Doug

* Recent Photos

IMG_0009.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal