1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: ONR - Wash & Wax  (Read 4233 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
ONR - Wash & Wax
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:58:06 AM »
Picked up a small bottle of the ONR Wash & Wax to try compared to the ONR wash & Shine.

1st thing I noticed, is that the green product in the water, the ONR bucket already looks like a dirty rinse bucket, more so than the Blue from ONR Wash & Shine.

2nd I could not tell once I was done with the finish of ONR Wash & Shine vs Wash & wax.  The surface did not feel slick at all to me ( I actually went over it with Optimum Spray Wax ).

Just a quick review on the new to me ONR Wash & Wax product.

If you have ONR Wash & Shine, I would just stick with that. 
I'll use this up as pre soak, which I go through about 4 oz on the car ( 15:1 ) and at least 6 oz on the truck, each time, in addition to 1 or 2 oz in the bucket ( car tonight was 2 buckets of solution, it was pretty dirty with the salt from the recent snow.

Steve

Offline Merlin

• Café Member
    • Quicksilver Forum
Re: ONR - Wash & Wax
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »
Thanks for the "Heads Up"!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
Update

1. ONR - Wash & Wax as a pre soak spray :
Last night I gave the truck a no rinse washing and used the ONR - Wash & Wax in the "pre soak" bottle.
- I use a 15:1 ratio pre soak ratio in a double spray head quart bottle to start the dirt break down and encapsulation before putting the wash media to it.

Before using ONR - Wash & Shine, I could hose down quite a bit and not have an issue, last night I mixed a quart of ONR - Wash & Wax pre soak and before I got to the end of the bed, it was starting to dry on the surface and streak like mad.  This is doing the bed as a section ( it is about front fender, then both doors, then bed of truck for a section estimate ). 
Didn't have this happen using ONR - Wash & Sine on the Mrs' G6 when I 1st did this write up.  Maybe the salt was more severe and that is what caused the drying ??
Got me, it did not look white from salt, I could call it similar to the G6's paint when I did it earlier in the month.  Just something to keep in mind.

2. Separation of product.
I noticed this when I 1st got the quart, and wrote it off to sitting in a warehouse too long.
Not the case, between the 3rd and the 22nd, the product separated just as bad.  Have to really shake the snot out of it before measuring out the amount.
ONR - Wash & Shine does not require quite the "violent" shaking Wash & Wax does to get mixed up again
A heavy dark ring was around the base of the bottle again, just like when I got it. 

Just checked:
ONR - Wash & Shine gal & Quart, no noticeable ring at the bottom of them.
- Quart has not been used since the 3rd, gallon don't recall when I put it into the quart last, it is half gone, so what ever count of pre soak @ 2oz and washed @ 1 oz for ~ 16 oz gets me ??

ONR - Wash & Wax, starting to form a noticeable ring at the bottom of the bottle 12 hours on.

Just 2 other things I found in using ONR - Wash & Wax.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:42:53 AM by sscully »
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »
Wow Steve, thanks for the great write up. Looks like I'll avoid that particular product for now.

* Recent Photos

142.jpg

Views: 3
By: Kitzy

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal