April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Edge Factory HID's  (Read 15835 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Edge Factory HID's
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
Mike,

Yea, I looked at everything on the Recon and Rigid sites. Nice stuff, but a little pricey for me right now. We'll hopefully see how my low buck (use what I have) approach works tonight.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »
I hear you loud and clear, Tom.  There's a reason I said I'm going to get them rather than I already got them.  They're not cheap.  They so nice though.  Completely submersible and bright as hell.  Just solid lights and their customer service is excellent... so I've heard.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
I hear you loud and clear, Tom.  There's a reason I said I'm going to get them rather than I already got them.  They're not cheap.  They so nice though.  Completely submersible and bright as hell.  Just solid lights and their customer service is excellent... so I've heard.

Totally agree, they are pricey but I couldn't find anything like them and everyone says they are great.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
You should get the 10" SR from Rigid, Tom.  Mount it up like this one.  This bad boy throws some light.  5k lumen.  I want two for the back bumper. 

I'll try to find a picture of one that a guy has mounted up on his quad.

First, I am sorry I just saw this thread....I am totally interested in those smaller Rigid lights, please post some photos of them in action.

That said, Mike I think I am going to get one of these for the pathy.  At first I was thinking I may pull out the new 2x2's I just put on the KR and move them to the pathy but nah, they would be too much for the pathy...I could never use them on the road.  I would get high beamed from everyone.   

that said, this bar may do the trick or the smaller ones.  My stock fogs on the pathy are chit...but they helped greatly on the ranch this weekend....i up
graded the factory head lights to the new XRP's or what ever they are called.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 01:02:59 AM »
After messing with the demo lights they had set up at the store, the SR rows sure throw some light. Very nice.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 01:18:21 AM »
After messing with the demo lights they had set up at the store, the SR rows sure throw some light. Very nice.

Which version?   Spot, wide or diffused?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »
They may put out more or maybe equal amounts of light as the D2 Duallys.  Something tells me you may still get high beamed.  Maybe consider the 6 inch version of the SR.  They're 2k less lumen than the 10 inch which puts them at 3k lumen.  That may still be too bright for oncoming traffic.  I think what I like most about them is that they're pretty compact.  1.6" tall, 3" deep and something like. 75 inches wider than whatever size light you're getting.  So a 10" would measure 10.75". 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »

Which version?   Spot, wide or diffused?

The ones on display were the "flood" version. it was a lit up store, so it wold be hard to say if you would or wouldn't piss off on-coming traffic...

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »
I was Finally able to pick up the Rigid Lights today. It took a bit of extra time as I changed my mind and went with 2 SRM "Driving" lights instead of the "Spot" version.  Main reason was the wider beam and 300 more Lumens. Pretty impressed with the quality of the kit. Now I have to roll the Edge in the garage and make some mounting decisions... :nija:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
I was Finally able to pick up the Rigid Lights today. It took a bit of extra time as I changed my mind and went with 2 SRM "Driving" lights instead of the "Spot" version.  Main reason was the wider beam and 300 more Lumens. Pretty impressed with the quality of the kit. Now I have to roll the Edge in the garage and make some mounting decisions... :nija:

Agree with you there, I prefer the wider beams.  what did you pay for them?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
I think what I am going to do is take my 2x2's off my F250 and put them on my Pathfinder then pick up a smaller set and put those back on the F250.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »

I think you made the right choce based on your original post. spot or pencil beams are nice - but aim is critical and they have a very limted use. Most rally cars use one set of them along with several other beam patterns to fill in. Driving beams are a great compromise.

If you need any help on mounting options, feel free to ask.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »
Alright, so I started a little late last night, so I am not completely finished but they are pretty much good to go.

So here is what I am dealing with from the factory... :moody:

Low beams

High Beams

They are aimed high from the factory, so I will dial in the adjustment when my new bulbs arrive.

My main issue was finding somewhere to mount. I got kinds lucky while looking at options and found that the bumper support could be used without hacking up too much plastic. I had to figure out how to get the bumper cover off, which took sometime. Once I figured it out though, it is really straight forward.

Bumper cover off

Lights mounted on the support

I then put the bumper cover back on and cut out two hole big enough for them to peak through. They sit in a pretty good spot and I am quite happy with the look. If I need to ever remove them, I can just buy the black grill piece, it's only $30.

Bumper cover back on

I have all the wiring done, I just ran a switch in the cab so I can have independent control, I might eventually wire them up on a relay so they are on when the high beams are on. I don't have any after shots yet as I need to do some trimming to allow for proper aiming. Hope to finish up tonight when I install the mud guards on the front.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »

Agree with you there, I prefer the wider beams.  what did you pay for them?

I got a wee break on them after talking to the guy about my old supercharges F150, so the total was about $350 after taxes. Keep in mind I have to pay "Canadian" prices... :dope:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »
damn dude, that looks freaking great so far.cannot wait to see your shots when you get them ready

RR

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal