Detailing Products > Buffing/Polishing Machines

So which one????????????

(1/7) > >>

BigSur:
Okay guys....shoot.  Might have to replace the G110.  Flex or PC? Something else?

gipraw:
If your choice is only one machine, then I would suggest a PC .. 

The best answer is a PC and a Flex, but that can be cost prohibitive.

The reason I say PC and not Flex for a single machine is that the Flex does a lot of stuff very well, but it sucks for non corrective uses, like applying wax, sealants, cleaners and glazes where you just want a machine to spread stuff for you.  A PC is much better for that.

The Flex is loud and heavy, and very difficult to use one handed, which limits its use.  It is a great machine, and I use the hell out of it, but if I could only have one machine, excluding a rotary, it would be a PC.

The G110 is my personal choice, because I like the balance in my hand better than any of the others. The Griot's machine seems to have some more power, but I am not a fan.  My opinion of the Griot's machine is not in line with most other people's opinions of it, but they all like it based on the power.  I don't need my PC to be powerful, so the biggest selling piont of the Griot's doesn't matter to me like it seems to matter to everyone else.

If this is going to be your only machine, I could see some benefit to having a little extra power, which the Griot's provides.

What is wrong with the G110 ?

BigSur:
Thanks Gip.  Great information.

I was applying wax to the wife's highlander and somehow managed to step on the cord and simultaneously yank on it in the opposite directions with my hands.  It was enough to actually break the hot wire inside the unit. 

I actually tore it apart this weekend and have already fixed it, so I'm back in business.  I like my G110 as well, but it's getting pretty beat up.  With that said, I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I thought it was comparable with other market models.  Your rievew helped me with that.  Most likely I'll buy another and/or a PC when the time comes.  The PC was my 2nd choice; didn't know anything about the flex really.

Thanks again!!!!

Too Stroked:
I have three machines; a Porter-Cable 7424, a Flex 3401 and a DeWalt Rotary. Here?s my likes and dislikes for each

PC Likes: Lightweight, inexpensive to purchase, easy to handle (can be used with one hand), relatively small so it fits in tight places.

PC Dislikes: No correction power to speak of with foam pads, cost $80 to replace part of the main motor housing when the side handle stripped out.

Flex Likes: Reasonable correction power with foam pads, relatively lightweight, my go to machine.

Flex Dislikes: Can be a bit of a handful occasionally, don?t try one handing it, awfully expensive to buy.

DeWalt Likes: More correction power than you could ever need, has a nice hefty feel to it, reasonable purchase price (cheaper than the Flex).

DeWalt Dislikes: Can get you in trouble in a heartbeat if you?re not careful, maybe a bit too hefty.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Obsessive Detail:
I've been using the same PC for like 7 years and I use it every single day, it has been a workhorse.  I love the overall quality of the PC, one of these days I might break down and get a 7424XP lol.

For major correction I use a Hitachi rotary, I've been very happy with this as well, a lot lighter than most rotaries and I really like the trigger. 

If you do decide to get a PC, I'm running a special on them right now!  :cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version