April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Grizzly mods  (Read 12680 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Grizzly mods
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
Finally got around to getting some stuff for the Grizzly.  I thought I had a thread or picture of it somewhere but who knows.  So... new thread.  I got my new wheels and tires in.  I put some opti coat on them this evening.  Hopefully I get to mount them up to the grizzly this weekend.  I ordered some hand guards while I was at it.  When you ride with them and then without them, you really appreciate them.  Got a bag for storage for the rear rack.  Also ordered a new front bumper (a tree hit the first one pretty good) and a new rear just for the heck of it.  They're in route to my house now.  So for the time being...

27x9-12 and 27x11-12 Maxxis Zillas on STI HD3 wheels.

Acerbis hand guards.  I forget the full name.  Unikos or some crap.

Ogio Honcho rear bag.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
Re: Grizzly mods
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 09:23:11 PM »
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it all mounted up.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:03:24 AM »
Those wheels are bad ass Mike.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 11:31:14 PM »
nice mods...i like all of those...

Let me know how the hand gurds work out..I want some for winter just to keep the wind of.

I added fender flairs to mine 2 weeks ago.   

Mike, I also noticed an issues with my Grizzly...my neg terminal on the bat keeps coming loose...I think I am gonna get a new bat just in case..having to pull start it isn't fun when you are in a hurry on the ranch.

BTW, what do you have your front shocks set at?  Firm or soft?   I think I need to firm mine up some.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »
Nice Mike!

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »
Looking good!

So a tree hit the bumper huh? Don't you mean you hit a tree  :nana:  :redneck:

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
Hey, it jumped out in front of him!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:16 PM »
Tom is correct.  The tree jumped out in front of me. 

Jason, shocks are set at full soft as it came from the factory.  I haven't adjusted yet.  It was recommended that I go full hard as it corners nicer.  More fun sliding it around.  I just don't get enough seat time to have made the effort of adjusting them.  And the hand guards I got won't work.  The ends of the handlebars are welded closed and the handguards insert in the end.  So not only is that not going to work but they won't clear the end of the brake handles.  I really liked the design but I'm going to go with power madd this time and not look back. 

The bag looks great.  I'm not real fond of the Velcro mounts.  They're awkward but it seems pretty secure.  The wheels aren't on yet or there would be pics.  I need more time in the day.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »
Tom is correct.  The tree jumped out in front of me. 

Jason, shocks are set at full soft as it came from the factory.  I haven't adjusted yet.  It was recommended that I go full hard as it corners nicer.  More fun sliding it around.  I just don't get enough seat time to have made the effort of adjusting them.  And the hand guards I got won't work.  The ends of the handlebars are welded closed and the handguards insert in the end.  So not only is that not going to work but they won't clear the end of the brake handles.  I really liked the design but I'm going to go with power madd this time and not look back. 

The bag looks great.  I'm not real fond of the Velcro mounts.  They're awkward but it seems pretty secure.  The wheels aren't on yet or there would be pics.  I need more time in the day.

That bag has a key feature.....a beer holder!

Mine has a cooler in it...comes in handy on the ranch.   I mounted a bicycle bottle cage to my left fender...works well too! 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
The bag on on the same side as the drink holder is a cooler actually.  I only wish it would have come in real tree camo instead of mossy oak but honestly, it still looks right at home on there.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 08:10:25 PM »
Nice gear Kitzy, I hope you have some mud to play in to make use of those tires.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »
There's never a shortage of mud.  Believe it or not though, those aren't even mud tires.  They're an all terrain tire.  These are the Zillas but they also make a mud Zilla which is even more aggressive.  There's e in more aggressive than that yet but they just don't ride well on hard pack and they're so heavy.  These zillas are probably one of the lightest fires out and still 6 ply.

Bumpers came in by the way.  New Yamaha heavy duty brush guard completely replaces the stock piece.  And the moose rear attaches to what's already there. 

Tapatalk isn't cooperating with pictures right now.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 04:39:01 AM »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
Mike, I have the same front grill on mine...you are probably going to discover the already chitty head lights are now going to be more chitty..

I am thinking of adding the LED Dually 4x4 lights to mine.   I ran a set of cheap 50watters from Autozone for a few weekends, paid 20 bucks to experiment...although super cheap they made a major difference in night vision.   But our rigs are not powerful enough to allow them to run at full power...but even 1/3 power was better than over stock.

my .02 on it.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
Jason, I forget, is yours a 450 or 550?  I thought that bumper only fit the 550 and 700 as they're identical less the motor size.  If I get into night riding I already know the setup I am going with.  The LED light bar.  I forget the brand.  Possibly two pointed outwards from each other slightly.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:43:25 PM by Kitzy »

* Recent Photos

F150

Views: 1
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal