1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Diesel guys...  (Read 38604 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Diesel guys...
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2012, 07:55:03 PM »
Nice man, I know it was hard to walk away from that car..it sure was awesome.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »
Is an 05 Excursion Limited with a 6.0 and 50k a bad idea?

Not that it matters since you went another way, but the real issue on the Excursions is the rain gutters and roof rails.  They all rust .. some of them horribly.

The 05' I just detailed only has 54k on it ..    they owner has more cars than I have fingers, so it sits a lot.
================

Doug

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
Congrats man.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »
Thanks guys. 

Tom, you have no idea the cursing I did on the lot and all the blank stares I gave the salesman at the table trying to get past the idea of a Chevy.  Originally I planned for a ford diesel.  Opened up to a GMC.  Said only a Chevy if it was a ridiculous deal.  Absolutely no dodge.  Then moved on to the idea of a v10.  Ended up nowhere near where I planned but these things happen.  Hardest thing for me to get used to it the gas pedal and the power steering.  Chevys and GMCs are very sensitive and offer very little feedback in their trucks.  Night and day from what I'm used to driving as far as the stang and the work dodges and ford. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
Oh, and I did stop by a touch less wash to knock some of the crap off so that hopefully in the morning, sleep dependant, I can same up and wash it.  They do want a low of about 36 tonight so who knows.  29 tomorrow night.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »
Congrats! Those are very nice trucks. the 6.2 does have some balls, but I'm sure it doesn't seem like a lot coming from the stang.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:19 PM »
Its not bad but no, its no stang.  Haha.  It does needa set of straight pipes though. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »
Random photo opportunity.  I went for one of those head clearing drives and found myself here. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »
Couple more.  Tried to show the paint in one.  Its that pearl white they call white diamond that you always see on Cadillacs. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »
Nice Mike

i love that color, very similar to what is on the wife's expy

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »
Nice Mike

i love that color, very similar to what is on the wife's expy

Looks really nice, I am partial to the NBS chevy's when they are a four door.

RR is right, looks really close to the Ford color. Same as on my Edge.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
Thanks guys.  If it was up to me it would at least be the GMC.  I think they look better.  But it really sang to me when I first saw it and its growing on me more and more.  I'm getting used to the handling too. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
Let the mods begin!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
Got the floor mats in today.  Front is great.  Back seems a little off but going to see how they lay over time.  They're weather tech.  One piece front over the hump and one piece back that goes up under the rear seat.  Looks like a work truck now.  Like there's no carpet. 

I need to come up with about $1200 for stereo and tint.  Luckily I don't need much for the stereo as most stuff I can reuse.  Head unit, front components and both amps are being used again as well as as much wire as possible. 

I need to get the bed lined ASAP.  Don't get me started on the knucklehead previous owner and the stupid cap he had installed and the rubber bed mat.  I got a quote of $585 for the liner over the bed rails. 

Wheels and tires eventually. Thinking American Muscle ATX series Slot 186 wheels in chrome to match bumpers and door handles.  Plus it looks good on white.  Tires I have no idea yet.  Everything will depend on what tires are available with what wheels I like that also come in the correct bolt pattern and offset.

I'm also thinking high flows and no mufflers.  Just dual pipes out the back all stainless and mandrel bent.  Some of the neighbors are upset that they can't use me as an alarm clock anymore.  Apparently more than one neighbor used me as a time to get up when I left for work each morning. 

And probably intake and tuner.  Then maybe leave well enough alone until I can afford a lift down the road.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2012, 04:20:25 PM »
Oh and I was playing with the info on the gauges yesterday and came across the tire pressures.  Front left was 51lbs.  Front right was 31.  Rear left was 47 and rear right was 41 or so.  Haha.  Max tire pressure is supposed to be 44lbs.  Crazy.

* Recent Photos

LT pics

Views: 2
By: Oklahoma

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal