March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Tornador Black Z-020  (Read 5318 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Tornador Black Z-020
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
Got a chance to use my new Tornador black Z-020 on the headliner of the truck this afternoon.

It was dirty, built up "gunk" on it

I just brushed off the lab hair that I could get off quick ( have not had time to test the fine pumice stone on the Ford headliner ) and went at it.

Used PB APC 15:1 ratio in the Z-020 and worked it just like the Youtube videos show.

Before

After

1 of the towels used

The headliner

I did part of the C pillar cover back there, I was running out of time and had to get on with it.

Last week I did a bit of testing on the running board and wheel / tire.  It works for that, but the time involved with cleaning those areas via the  Z-020 vs just using APC with a foaming head sprayer and gone brush, it is not worth it.

Next I am going to try the engine compartment with it, obviously not around the PCM connectors and the aux fuse panel ( '06 tiny little aux panel, no BJB ) and other connectors, but around the supports for the intake and the brake / PS fluid res it should work great.

Might have cost 200.00 for it, but I can see it saving me a bunch of time on things like headliners, plastic trim and the engine compartment.

I posted the specs in the other thread ( about the vac one, which I need to change the air quick disconnect ) but it ran fine off my antique PC dual tank 3 HP 4 Gal 135 PSI, that is 5.3 SCFM @ 90 PSI.  I ran the regulator on  the line at ~ 75 PSI, and for most of the cleaning I had the inline at ~ 50%.
The compressor cycled quite a bit, but I am used to it for air tools ( it is more of an oversize trim nailer compressor, not a real "shop" compressor ).

Once I get by the Ace to get the adapters for the Z-017 that will be next review.
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Tornador Black Z-020
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
I'd ask how your dog manages to sleep on your headliner, but I'm afraid of the answer.  :redneck:

Man, that thing looks like it works pretty well!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Tornador Black Z-020
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
Few things that get the taller one to touch.

1. I have the LMI welding seat riser on the back.
2. I built a platform on the back seat to level it out.
- This has 2x4 on end on the back to level to the front of the seat bottom and legs to the floor for the over hang.

Top of platform to that dirty spot is just shy of 29" ( Telsa is tall and long at ~85#  )

It is a bit on the pricey side, but it is going to be worth it in the long run with time saved, at least that is what I am telling myself. :redneck:
Steve

* Recent Photos

IMG_5349a.JPG

Views: 0
By: Old Dogg™

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal