April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: RollingRock's take on Megs MF System  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
RollingRock's take on Megs MF System
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:57 AM »
Tom, per your request.   (This will be quick) 

I've had the system sitting in my garage for several months and haven't had the right opportunity to try it.  Still pretty stuck on the "tried and true" ways for correction. 

Lets say this new system is another path and might I add, it WORKS very well. 

First I preloaded the cutting pad with the compund (Pink in color, nice scent too)  I was using the 5" pad on a DA 7424

I dabbed some on the paint and worked in a 1x1 ft square giving me 1.5 passes.   (A pass to me may be different than most.  1 pass to me is working at 1" per second in the 1x1 sq area)   I did check the work after first pass and the wet product did come off easy.   Knowing I had plenting on the pad, I then spot worked the scratches thus giving me a 1.5 pass.   

The cutting pad did dull a little and there was very little to no dust from the cutting.   I tried med to light pressure just enough to where I could hear the machine work a little harder yet still maintain DA action. 

then I swapped pads and put on the finishing wax....with the finishing pad.  1 pass was all that was needed and it came off like QD.....it was that easy fellas.   Left the surface very slick as well.   

I also for the hell of it just did a quick pass on the half of the back door and it cleaned that up pretty well with some very light micro marring.   

Overall, I am very impressed with the system, going to order more pads but I am not so sure I would use this with a Flex yet but I am going to order the 6" pads just to play with it.

Cons.   Wish it came out sooner and wish I had used it sooner. 

I would say, 2 guys doing 1 car with this could knock it out in 2 hours or less.   It works fast, it works well.   

That's my take on it...if I misssed something, holla. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
Re: RollingRock's take on Megs MF System
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »
Mine is still sitting in the box also.  I need to give it a try at some point.

================

Doug

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
That does it. I'm giving Santa a call.

I know some folks have experimented with using other products (other than the Meg's stuff that is) with the pads. Any thougths there?

Offline Kaleb G

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
I've used the cutting pads with 105 and it was awesome.  It didn't dust as much as I get sometimes with foam and my Makita, but it also didn't finish as well as the MF pads and D300 does.  At the same time, cut a little quicker and required fewer passes.

The finishing pads and 205 have not worked well anytime that I've tried them.  I honestly have only used D301 one time and it was on my hood.  I've heard that the D301 works fairly well as a one-step.

I've also had good luck with D300 on foam pads.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:21:09 PM by Kaleb G »

* Recent Photos

IMG_0575.jpg

Views: 3
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal