April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: WD Hitch Adjustment  (Read 2896 times)

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
WD Hitch Adjustment
« on: May 18, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »
I don't think the dealer set me up right on the new Jayco.  I've taken a bunch of measurements and visual assessments.  Anyone up for going through this with me to see if my setup needs to be corrected?
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
Re: WD Hitch Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
I don't think they did mine right either.  I'm riding a little tail low and can't really get the chains another link tighter.  But too unfamiliar with it yet to go to messing with it.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 04:30:49 PM »
I don't think they did mine right either.  I'm riding a little tail low and can't really get the chains another link tighter.  But too unfamiliar with it yet to go to messing with it.

You can jack up the tongue while hitched to make it easier to pull tension on the bars and add links if necessary.  I'm assuming you've tried that already???
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
Yeah, already jacked the truck nearly off the ground to get it where it is.  Mostly it has to do with my bars not being parallel to the road like they are supposed to be.  So I probably need to remove a couple washers.  Just haven't messed with it.

I'm sure I will next month.  A lot of things get pushed to summer.  I'll have plenty of time in June/July being a teacher and all.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:36:45 PM »
Boss got new tires on the truck at work that are taller than the old ones.  The extra height completely through off the distribution hitch and tension bars.  Tail sits a bit low and drags at times when entering/exiting parking lots.  I'm way to lazy to adjust it right now.  If it's anything like mine at work, there a bolt or two along with a hexagonalish (yes, that's not a word) shaped washer or spacer on each side.  Depending on how that's rotated you can change the angle on the hitch. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
Boss got new tires on the truck at work that are taller than the old ones.  The extra height completely through off the distribution hitch and tension bars.  Tail sits a bit low and drags at times when entering/exiting parking lots.  I'm way to lazy to adjust it right now.  If it's anything like mine at work, there a bolt or two along with a hexagonalish (yes, that's not a word) shaped washer or spacer on each side.  Depending on how that's rotated you can change the angle on the hitch. 

Yup...I'm thinking the ball angle might have something to do with it.  I'm looking into it more and plan to let the dealer inspect it.  Got to get it right.....Memorial Day is right around the corner  :cheers:
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

* Recent Photos

IMG_0155.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal