Detailing Products > Quick Detailers & Finishing Sprays

Ultimate Protectant

(1/2) > >>

Blown F-150:
Honestly not sure if this is the best spot for this, so feel free to move it if needed.

On the weekend while I was messing with some polishes, I decided to finally try the Ultimate Protectant I picked up at a local Canadian Tire. I already bought the UP Spray in my AutoGeek order a couple of months ago, but have yet to try it.

I used it on all my interior and it worked pretty well. I have a pretty "rough" textured dash and seemed to have to use a lot of product and found that a cheap MF was best for application.
Sorry no pics of the interior.

I then tried it on the exterior trim on my car which is in pretty bad shape. I though it went on easy. It took a little bit of elbow grease and patience to get it to look even on some trim (the more rubber like stuff)  it seem to dry pretty well and left a nice finish that isn't overly glossy. It has also rained for several days here since the application and it looks like it's holding up quite well. I think the main trick is to apply and then buff off excess product. I tried just applying it thinly, but found it harder to get the coverage and desired results.

Before:

After:

EDIT: Please ignore ALL swirl marks in paint... :redneck:

Rollingrock:
Well.....trying to see what you are talking about by being distracted by the swirls is tough.   Makes me want to address A first.  (Just kidding)  I don't have any experience with that product but two things come to mind.   Both Poorboys Trim Restorer and Black Wow do a much better job then what I see in this photo.   That said, it is kind of hard to tell by the photos but the after looks greasy to me.   Something I really like about PB TR and BW.    Once you set the products, a little buff with a dry clean MF and you are good to go.

Just my 02 on it.

Blown F-150:
U Protectant actually seems to dry which I like and haven't come across with any other trim product I've found on the shelf. I have heard a lot of good things about Black Wow, but have never got my paws on it. I do have a slightly faded wiper cowl that I would like to try it on. Thanks for the suggestions, do you use those as a maintenance product too or just once in a while when needed?

I agree that it kinda looks greasy in the pic, I will have to try and get a better pic next time. The trim has been hit hard with body shop chemicals and that's why you can actually see streaks in the "before" pic. It doesn't seem to come across too shiney after the first application, but the shine seems to increase a lot after a second application.

I will also make sure there are fewer distracting swirls next time around... :nana:

Kitzy:
Black wow and Pb trim restore can both be once in a while products to restore as much as you can without dye.  However, given the application of each, Trim Restore is much easier to use as a maintenance product as well.  Black wow is more time consuming to apply.  Both good products though. 

GreyMichFX4:
How hot was the trim when you put it on? Did you put it on in direct sunlight? From what I can see from the pictures is that it looks like it dried to fast as you were putting it the protectant on and is a little streaky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version