April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: LISO- Landlord Installed Swirl Option  (Read 8953 times)

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
LISO- Landlord Installed Swirl Option
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
I got the "LISO" the other day on my Mustang, that I just spend three days detailing in February. My landlords decided they needed to water some plants they just put in with no sort of nozzle or anything on the end of the hose (I bought one specifically to water the plants, the one that makes it like a shower, that sits right on top of the hose so there wouldn't be any splashing anywhere, by anyone, that uses the hose). Anyways, in doing so, they somehow managed to splash mud and water all over the front half of the Mustang and Neon. Instead of just telling my GF, who was home, they decided to grab a "really soft sheet" and wipe my cars down because "they know I don't like waterspots on my car" and just not say anything.  I went outside the next morning and noticed the whole front half of the cars were, well, wiped down with something.  Yup, a few days worth of dust and now mud (grit) and water wiped into the paint. They "don't see how they could have possibly scratched the paint" since they used a "really soft sheet."
 :bitch: :moody: :beat: :burn: :dope: :die:

As well-intentioned as it was, I still haven't talked to them since then. They've "borrowed without asking" other things of mine and used them whenever before (my shovels and rakes...my now-old brand-new wash bucket I had just bought to dump old, dirty building materials into and so on), so at the same time...I just don't know what to even say about it. I guess the next time I get like 6 free hours with cooperating weather conditions, I can hopefully fix the paint. I swear... :cry:

Offline guitarman502

• Café Member
  • Brand Whore
Re: LISO- Landlord Installed Swirl Option
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
man that suuuucks.  sorry to hear it.  time for some  :hp:

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:50:44 AM »
Ahhh man...I feel for you.  I had something similar happen to me once....did not end well.  :moody:
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:46 AM »
Been there, done that. That's just one of the reasons I don't own a black vehicle. Hope it all works out well in the end for you.

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »
That royaly sucks and feel your pain.
Good enough never is

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
that sucks ..    send them a bill, just to emphasize how much work it was to correct.

================

Doug

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
that sucks ..    send them a bill, just to emphasize how much work it was to correct.

Gip, some people just don't get it no matter what you do and this sounds like one of those cases.
Good enough never is

Offline Kaleb G

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
That sucks, man.

The worst part is that, from my experiences, the people that try to downplay something like that, scream and yell the loudest when it happens to them.

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
Been there, done that. That's just one of the reasons I don't own a black vehicle. Hope it all works out well in the end for you.
The black one just shows it the worst.  They got the darker blue one too.    They'd never scream about it happening to their cars though as that is probably about how they wash them.  I've never seen one of their cars clean...

IDK, I thought about giving it a go today.  Tired from the gym though. 

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »
Washed the front with ONR, cleaned with Ultimate Compound, polished with Ultimate Polish and waxed with NXT 2.0.
Most of the damage came out, there were some deeper swirls though that can still be seen if you are looking for them.  3+ hours from start to end.  It was dark out when I finished, but I got a picture with the flash to show what's left for the most part...not a whole lot.  Now I need to do the rest of the car properly; not just with D151, lol.

Don't mind the little dust specks that are all ready on the paint:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:34:27 PM by roushstage2 »

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
Did your landlord notice you out there working on it?  Maybe they'll take a hint this time???  :dunno:
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:38 AM »
Nice work!  :drool: Kind of reminds me why I always buy white trucks though.

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »
Did your landlord notice you out there working on it?  Maybe they'll take a hint this time???  :dunno:
Yeah, one of them came over when I was waiting for the wax to dry.  She told me exactly how it happened, and also told me that her husband (the other landlord obviously) had told her just to leave it be and just tell us.  I explained to her why you use soap when washing a car and so on (my OCD about my cars being one of those "so on's), and she said she will be much more aware of the cars and if something does happen, she will just let me know.

I guess it was a kick start to properly detailing the rest of the car.  I've been using an AIO for a few years now due to general lack of time, but I think I'll just break it down into sections like it did and tackle the whole car.  It actually wasn't that bad.  Kind of felt nice to go through the whole process though...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:45:05 AM by roushstage2 »

Offline Kaleb G

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
Car is looking great!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:43:52 PM »
Agreed.  Car is looking good.  I'm kind of partial to black Mustangs.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

Views: 5
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal