Auto Detailing 101 > Start Here

Starting off...

(1/7) > >>

Stealth:
I just ordered from Detailer's Domain The Uber Porter Cable 7424XP Orbital Polisher Base Kit, along with their 20% off winter blues discount. Good deal. It comes with a 5" backing plate and four 5.5" pads, which I ordered green, blue, and two black.

I'll be getting a clay bar kit, some M105, M205, and some NXT2.0.

I'm new to this detailing stuff, but I think I'm heading in the right direction. I read and saved/printed the Detailer's Guide from here, it sure is a lot of info to absorb, but I think with it you guys help when I need it I'll be fine.

The main reason I decided to start this is my truck's paint is really starting to show swirls and the like. I just have to remember not to get carried away with the start so I won't mess anything up. I do have an old hood I'll be practicing on before I actually do let loose on the truck.

Here's a pic I shot today where you can see from a distance how bad the swirls and imperfections are. I'm too embarrassed to show a close up.  :doh:

Wish me luck on this new journey, and thanks for any tips you guys give me.  :beer:

attworth:
Hey Stealth! Nice to see ya. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm the dumb young kid who bought that grille guard from you. It saved my truck by the way..

If you need any help, give me a shout. I'm down in Benbrook now so it'd be a short trip to see ya (unless you've moved)

Stealth:
Of course I remember you! lol Yes I've moved, but am still in Burleson. My truck needs help, so I decided to take the plunge. Lots to learn, but I are smart!

Kitzy:
Looks like you got a good start.  You're going to want some good microfiber towels for product removal. 

I was going to suggest getting some white pads but apparently that's not an option looking at the base kit.  I know the Uber pads are only sold by Detailer's Domain but I thought the foams were the same yet.  Can anyone clarify that? 

attworth:

--- Quote from: Stealth on January 22, 2011, 09:08:15 PM ---Of course I remember you! lol Yes I've moved, but am still in Burleson. My truck needs help, so I decided to take the plunge. Lots to learn, but I are smart!

--- End quote ---

Just give me a shout if you need help. I'd be happy to come spend an afternoon spreading the disease... er, I mean knowledge.

:slow:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version