1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Why I haven't been keeping the car clean...  (Read 10608 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Why I haven't been keeping the car clean...
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
I figured I would post this up. Here's a run of me and a buddy heading down a couple of trails on Fromme Mountain on the North Shore of Vancouver, BC. We are using his new Go Pro Camera on a handlebar mount. I'm the one in the red jersey out in front (sometimes lol). It takes about a hour and a half to peddling up the mountain on a old logging road and takes about 30mins to make it back down. We've been riding the trials up there every weekend since the holidays, the weather has been holding out well. Probably the only place in Canada that you can do it.

Enjoy!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Why I haven't been keeping the car clean...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »
I figured I would post this up. Here's a run of me and a buddy heading down a couple of trails on Fromme Mountain on the North Shore of Vancouver, BC. We are using his new Go Pro Camera on a handlebar mount. I'm the one in the red jersey out in front (sometimes lol). It takes about a hour and a half to peddling up the mountain on a old logging road and takes about 30mins to make it back down. We've been riding the trials up there every weekend since the holidays, the weather has been holding out well. Probably the only place in Canada that you can do it.

Enjoy!

http://video.mpora.com/watch/sqi7bZ9cI/

DUDE, that is freaking awesome!  I so wanna come visit and bring my bike and vid cam......so jealous.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »
Thanks RR, It really is quite a bit of fun and forcing me to get in better shape real quick! The Go Pro is really nice, we are still working out the best way to mount it to get as steady of a shot as possible. We have tried a helmet mount where we got motion sick watching the footage :redneck:, and a seat post mount facing backwards which turned out pretty well but the person following has to stay pretty close to get a tight shot. It's all a learning curve, but it's quite a bit of fun!

If you ever get the chance to come up, I will gladly set up some awesome trail rides.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:14 AM »
Thanks RR, It really is quite a bit of fun and forcing me to get in better shape real quick! The Go Pro is really nice, we are still working out the best way to mount it to get as steady of a shot as possible. We have tried a helmet mount where we got motion sick watching the footage :redneck:, and a seat post mount facing backwards which turned out pretty well but the person following has to stay pretty close to get a tight shot. It's all a learning curve, but it's quite a bit of fun!

If you ever get the chance to come up, I will gladly set up some awesome trail rides.

So what mount are you using?  It looked fixed and very smooth to me, was that the chest mount?  Where did you get you rig?  I saw that Costco was selling them with all mounts included.

I would like to get the helmet mount for road cycling.   that was sure awesome.  

check it out, I re posted your link on my cycling site

http://www.northtexascycling.org/forum/index.php?topic=2938.0

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:25:59 AM by Rollingrock »

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:23:16 AM »
Epic.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
That is truly awesome man.  I ride a lot of trails here locally that are maintained by the Eastern VA Mountain Biker's Association.  It's a lot of fun.  I'd like to get out your way sometime though; I'm sure the terrain is better for learning.   :bike:
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »

So what mount are you using?  It looked fixed and very smooth to me, was that the chest mount?  Where did you get you rig?  I saw that Costco was selling them with all mounts included.

I would like to get the helmet mount for road cycling.   that was sure awesome.  

check it out, I re posted your link on my cycling site

http://www.northtexascycling.org/forum/index.php?topic=2938.0

We are using the Handle mount in this vid. We went out again yesterday and found that moving it as close to the steering stem as possible makes for the best shot. We've also wrapped the bar in tire tube which helped. It takes a very steady shot, we are just trying to minimize the movement of the camera for the best shot.

These are two of the "green" and "blue" rated trails on the mountain. I got my ass kicked by a double black diamond yesterday. I always laugh when I bail on it because it's called "ladies only" :redneck:

We really like the first trail in the vid, don't have to peddle too high up and it's super smooth and flows nice. Kinda nice for a lazy riding day. I'm still very much a novice, but with a dirt bike background, I'm being told I'm picking it up quickly.

Offline Papenfuss

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
I wish we had something like that locally, I know I can drive up towards Bridgeport or Grapevine to hit some trails but that is a lot of fuel and with fuel prices going up right now I can't see doing it... Jason you know anything more local to my area?  I know where to drive a vehicle, dirt bike or quad but not an actual Mtn. bike; which I would buy another one if there was anything within ~50 miles that had many trails.  Either way, looks like great terrain and it's well kept by the local bikers or gov.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »
It's Pretty awesome the amount of people that chip in to maintain the trials. They often have "trail days" where the club will get together donate time and materials to fix up the trails. It's so popular on the North shore that Forestry doesn't even require permits for the maintenance anymore. I'm very thankful to be in an area where I can just head out and have somewhere to ride that takes 15 mins to get to.

I'm also lucky enough to be two blocks away from a 1900 Acre Park that is filled with trails (mostly flat).

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »
I wish we had something like that locally, I know I can drive up towards Bridgeport or Grapevine to hit some trails but that is a lot of fuel and with fuel prices going up right now I can't see doing it... Jason you know anything more local to my area?  I know where to drive a vehicle, dirt bike or quad but not an actual Mtn. bike; which I would buy another one if there was anything within ~50 miles that had many trails.  Either way, looks like great terrain and it's well kept by the local bikers or gov.

The only think like that is Bar-H ranch up near Munster. 

http://www.barhbreaks.com/

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »
That was such an awesome vid!! All I could think about was how much fun that would be ..... with a dirtbike  :slow:

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:27 PM »
AWESOME SAUCE!
LD

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »
We've been continuing to have a great winter up here. I feel for you guys who have been getting all the snow!

Here's the latest vid the my buddy and I put together. another trial on the North Shore of Vancouver.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
We've been continuing to have a great winter up here. I feel for you guys who have been getting all the snow!

Here's the latest vid the my buddy and I put together. another trial on the North Shore of Vancouver.

http://video.mpora.com/watch/hH2BtbOQL/

man that is tight stuff, awesome

what song is that?  May have to borrow it for one of mine.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »
Thanks!

The songs are;

54-40 - Ocean Pearl

The Strokes - You Only Live Once

Mother Mother - Body of Years

Daft Punk - Da Funk

* Recent Photos

IMG_9202.JPG

Views: 2