General Category > General Discussion

New Wheels

(1/1)

guitarman502:
OK, so here is my problem.  I have my stock 18" Lariat wheels that came on my truck.  I bought a set of the chrome 18" Lariat wheels (gotta good deal on them) and I also have my 22" Harley Wheels.  I'm wanting to go to one set of wheels and tires.  Now I currently have to have summer tires on the 22's and winter tires on the 18's.  I'm thinking about going with the chrome 18's with a 305/65/18 and bilsteins up front.  What do you all think?  (I know this is not "the other site,"  but I take your all's opinions a little more "serious" than the other peeps.)

leedriver:
Tough call there.... I recently put a set  of 22's on my truck and plan to keep my stock 18's for winter. Are you going for a certain look here, or just want to get away from switching wheels all the time??

My personal opinion is to keep the 22's and still changeout in the winter due to all the salt (pending where you live I guess). I think the 22's with a little less tire look a lot better than the Lariat wheels myself. Plus, I LOVE the Harley wheels. Is your truck 2WD?

guitarman502:
My truck is a 4x4.  I'm not really going for any certain look, just definitely not stock!  I love look I have now, just kinda thinking about going for something different.  I know in the end, i'll probably continue to switch out, just looking for other ideas/opinions.  West Virginia is where I live, BTW.

leedriver:
I hear ya there....

Mine is 2WD, so my 22's will be on for most of the year, but I'll definitely swap them out in the winter. I may even get something a tad more agressive than the wrangler's that come stock since mine are about worn out....

Either way I love the Harley wheels and don't think you can go wrong with them! Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version