1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Good AIO?  (Read 19754 times)

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
Good AIO?
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
The Mustang has fallen onto the backburner with me being so busy anymore.  I have not waxed it in...at least a year and a half? :dope:  I know...

I've got every product under the sun, except...a great AIO.  I've got Meguiar's A12 and PRC, but I was wondering if there was something better to use?  The car ends up just sitting most of the time.  It gets washed every now and then since it doesn't get anything but dusty really from sitting and people flying by on the road.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Good AIO?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:24:12 AM »
For a decent AIO product, Meguiar's NXT 2.0 isn't a half bad deal. It does a nice job, doesn't cost and arm and a leg and is widely available.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
Poli-seal is a great AIO....has some fillers in it and is a good sealer as well.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline 05supercrew

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »
X2 Poli-seal

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:48:24 AM »
My favorite is Polish w/ Sealant  :cheers:
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
Still kicking myself for forgetting to mention that product. Yup, good stuff!  :moody:

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
Hmmm.  That's two votes for two products from two company's that I like.  I know...order both, lol.  Is one of the two better than the other at either removing or hiding swirls? It doesn't matter too much which of those it is at this point, I just need the car cleaned and protected with something that I can get done in one step.  Getting rid of swirls would be a nice bonus.

I've been told about Duragloss 501 as well.  Thoughts on that one?  Sounds like the Poli-Seal and PwS might be better at correcting/masking defects though.  I don't recall much being mentioned about either of those in the Duragloss...

NXT 2.0 I don't think quite fits the bill of what I am looking for.  I may top the AIO with some of that, but I am looking for a much more dedicated AIO.  Thank you for the suggestion!  :cheers:

Looking at the PwS reminds me I need to use the bottle of Black Hole I have...grrr, lol.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:37 PM »
I think you're going to find that most AIO products don't have much correction ability to them. That said, your're not going to be able to remove much in the area of swirls or defects. That would leave hiding ability - which most AIO's have some of, but again, not much.

As to your question on Duraglosss 501, I've used several Duragloss products, but as I stated above, their 501 doesn't have much correction ability either because it's an AIO.

Truth be told, if you want to truly correct any swirling or defects, you really need to use a product designed for that. Steve has some great stuff with SSR 1 & SSR 2.5 being two of my favorites. If you want to hide defects on black, his Black Hole is pretty neat stuff. Then of course you'd need to apply some sort of wax or sealer over the top.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
Still kicking myself for forgetting to mention that product. Yup, good stuff!  :moody:

ditto

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
I'm not so worried about correction ATM.  I've got M105 and everything down the line from there.  It just would have been a bonus.  How about durability between the three?

DG 501
Poli-Seal
PwS

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
I'm not so worried about correction ATM.  I've got M105 and everything down the line from there.  It just would have been a bonus.  How about durability between the three?

DG 501
Poli-Seal
PwS

I can only speak the the PwS and Poli-seal, my wifes car has poli-seal on it now and it has gone 4-6 months easy and water still beads and sheets off but she is due for a minor correction.   I haven't used PwS in over a year, but last I knew used it, it lasted about the same.

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »
One more question if you don't mind RR...

Have you used M20?  If so, how would you compare it to those two?

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
For the use you describe Poli-Seal gets my vote
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 10:51:05 PM »
My experience with Poli-Seal is that it does a decent job of medium final polish.
Most optimum products are durable synthetic/polymer based paint protectors.
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »
One more question if you don't mind RR...

Have you used M20?  If so, how would you compare it to those two?

I have M20, was asked to test it back in the day but never got around to it.   Sorry, I have 8 oz gen bottle of it if you want it..   :)  

Offline roushstage2

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:41 AM »
O Rly?  I've always wanted some M20 to try out, but never wanted to get another bottle of something, having so many others already.  It takes me quite a while to go through a 16oz. bottle of wax since I have so many, lol.  Lemme know what you'd like for it, PM?

Based on what I have been reading here and Autopia and other forums, it seems like all of these AIO products are fairly similar, in which case, I've already got some D151.  Perhaps I should get my butt outside, try the D151, see what happens and go from there.  I now know what products to consider if D151 doesn't work out for me.  I appreciate all of the input I have received!  Thank you guys for taking the time to answer my questions; I appreciate it!!

:cheers: to you all!

* Recent Photos

IMAG0070.jpg

Views: 3
By: Kaleb G

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal