1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: PC 7424 XP or Flex?  (Read 12608 times)

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
Re: PC 7424 XP or Flex?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »
No fair! I have one too, but it's probably been used for 3 hours. Mine's better for developing great upper body strength though!
Compare to my G110V2 the Flex will give you a pretty good work out but it's so much faster it cuts the weight difference at least by 2\3's.

You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
Looks like it's going to be the Flex. Santa, are you listening?

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »
the Flex is a superior machine if you are doing a lot of correction, but it is almost 3x the price of the XP  ...  I have and use both depending on the job at hand.  For sealants and light buffing the xp is easier to use. You can hold it with one hand and cruise. The flex requires two hands at all times, it's a bit longer and not as balanced.  I also have a Makita which comes out when there is a lot of paint damage.  ... I say if you have the funds, it is great to have all three, if you had to choose just one, then it would be the Flex.
Yes, we work with Lake Country to make pads specific to the Flex and they fit like a glove with no backing plate exposure at all. 
btw .. the measurement of pads is misleading... some people measure the face of the pad and others the back.  We (like Lake Country) measure the back. Some measure the face and that is why your 5.5" will not fit as they are really only 5" on the back  :dope: 
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline todbnla

• Café Member
    • My cars
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »
If you have not heard, their is a newer version Flex coming out first quarter 2011. FWIW.

Goggle "FLEX PE14-2-150"

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 08:27:24 PM »
If you have not heard, their is a newer version Flex coming out first quarter 2011. FWIW.

Goggle "FLEX PE14-2-150"

the new one is a rotary .. I saw it and used it at SEMA  .. very nice for a rotary ... goes as low as 600 rpm
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »
Yea, I'm thinking that the regular Flex would be enough for what I need. I can only imagine what the new one costs too.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »
Yea, I'm thinking that the regular Flex would be enough for what I need. I can only imagine what the new one costs too.

Tom, word is....the new megs pads will be sized to work with the flex....but a little birdie told me that many of the testers of the new polish pads were using them with the Griots machine.   at 129.00 it maybe something to think about....at least it is for me.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »

Goggle "FLEX PE14-2-150"

the new one is a rotary .. I saw it and used it at SEMA  .. very nice for a rotary ... goes as low as 600 rpm

I have not been very happy with mine at low RPM ..  it overheats and the auto shutdown cuts it off.  about 1400 RPM it plays fine ..
================

Doug

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 06:55:43 AM »

Tom, word is....the new megs pads will be sized to work with the flex....but a little birdie told me that many of the testers of the new polish pads were using them with the Griots machine.   at 129.00 it maybe something to think about....at least it is for me.

Great! Now I'm really confused. I'll have to do some more digging. Thanks for the heads up though!

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:57 AM »
Great! Now I'm really confused. I'll have to do some more digging. Thanks for the heads up though!
If you detail/correct, the Flex is a tool you will need in your arsenal and WILL love.  There is no substitute.  :hp:
Once you use it you will kick yourself for hesitating & waiting so long.
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 01:20:35 AM »
If you detail/correct, the Flex is a tool you will need in your arsenal and WILL love.  There is no substitute.  :hp:
Once you use it you will kick yourself for hesitating & waiting so long.

Tom, I agree with Old Dogg, and sorry to confuse you, I love, love, love my Flex....best money I have spent.  It is my true work horse and I use it on every car/truck.   I was happy with 2 PC's but now that I have the Flex, I only use the PC with the 4" pads for tight work.   When I have the Flex in my hands I feel like I can correct anything.   

I will be investing in the new pads from Megs once available to the public and I will also get an Griots DA, I sold my second DA to member FireFighter...I like having all the tools I need for anything.  But again, with the Flex, I don't really need anything else. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 06:54:45 AM »
I've forwarded both of your recommendations to Santa. Thanks guys!

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »
I've always used my 5.5" CCS pads with my flex, but the ones from the link look very interesting. Gonna have to pick a few up from Steve I think! And I vote for the Flex over another PC as well!
LD

* Recent Photos

IMG_0270.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal