Exterior Detailing > Metal Polishing

What do you use to polish scratches on an exhuast tip?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Boss_429:
Yep, I have a jar of the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze All Metal Polish. I believe it is nothing more than the NXT All Metal Polish, and it is very good stuff. As RR said, it's not quite on par with the HMP, but certainly a good all purpose metal polish. However, it does not have the ability to clean up scratches on Stainless. Nor does the HMP without the help of some buffing cloths, wheels, and the machine to correct the scratches.

Like paint, in order to remove the scratches in Stainless, you have to level the material to the depth of the scratches, and that's not easy with some Stainless.

leedriver:
Just saw that Glimmer Glass detailing carries English Custom Polishes....

http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/encupo.html

Boss: ever use their Chrome polish?

Kitzy:
Boss, in your opinion English Custom Polishes has the edge over Heavy Metal Polishes?  I'm need to pick up some metal polish, particularly for aluminum but also stainless.  I've used Heavy Metal Polishes before but it's abeen a while.  I was going to pick some more up but have no problem spending a bit more if ECP is better.  Also, if I understand correctly the ECP Showmans blend  is more of a maintenance polish to keep things looking good, the restorer is if things have gotten out of hand, and the Custom Blend is used to follow up the Showmans blend for that extra touch.  If I'm correct there, is the Custom Blend worth it?  Does it actually make a difference?

Oddly enough, the last time I read this thread, I didn't take notice to the links really.  Just today I was looking for local vendors that might carry some stuff that I use to avoid some shipping costs and came across Brilex Solutions (one of the above links.)  Apparently it's only like 6 miles from my house. 

roushstage2:

--- Quote from: Boss_429 on August 01, 2008, 09:07:00 PM ---Yep, I have a jar of the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze All Metal Polish. I believe it is nothing more than the NXT All Metal Polish, and it is very good stuff. As RR said, it's not quite on par with the HMP, but certainly a good all purpose metal polish. However, it does not have the ability to clean up scratches on Stainless. Nor does the HMP without the help of some buffing cloths, wheels, and the machine to correct the scratches.

Like paint, in order to remove the scratches in Stainless, you have to level the material to the depth of the scratches, and that's not easy with some Stainless.

--- End quote ---
The MG Polish, I believe, is actually less aggressive than NXT!  HMP is great stuff.  I have had some for years now (about 4-5) and it works great on everything!

Boss_429:

--- Quote from: ESF on September 05, 2008, 06:29:47 PM ---Boss, in your opinion English Custom Polishes has the edge over Heavy Metal Polishes?  I'm need to pick up some metal polish, particularly for aluminum but also stainless.  I've used Heavy Metal Polishes before but it's abeen a while.  I was going to pick some more up but have no problem spending a bit more if ECP is better.  Also, if I understand correctly the ECP Showmans blend  is more of a maintenance polish to keep things looking good, the restorer is if things have gotten out of hand, and the Custom Blend is used to follow up the Showmans blend for that extra touch.  If I'm correct there, is the Custom Blend worth it?  Does it actually make a difference?

Oddly enough, the last time I read this thread, I didn't take notice to the links really.  Just today I was looking for local vendors that might carry some stuff that I use to avoid some shipping costs and came across Brilex Solutions (one of the above links.)  Apparently it's only like 6 miles from my house. 

--- End quote ---

ESP,

I like the "Heavy" (when needed), and "Medium" (mostly this one) HMP for getting the metal in "excellent" condition. Then, I use the Showman's Blend to finish it off to a mirror-like shine. I have not tried the Custom Blend, so I can't speak to it's value.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version