Interior Detailing > Interior Detailing Tips, Advice

Bissel question

(1/3) > >>

Rollingrock:
Intersted in picking one of these up in the near future

Is the ProHeat something I need?  Noticed that Walmart sells for as little as 77 bucks.

ProHeat seems to be 99.00

What do you guys think?

Blown F-150:
I don't really have anything to compare mine to other than a rental rug-doctor. But the heat seemed to help break up the gum I had to get outta the carpet in the car and overall cleaned "deeper" than the rug doctor pulling out stuff that the rental left behind.

I say go for the Pro heat, it's still only a $100.

Old Dogg™:
Center Stage Detailing gave me some encouraging knowledge on his use of the Green Machine ProHeat but I also read so many negative reviews I didnt pull the trigger yet.
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Little-ProHeat-Cleaner-1425B/product-reviews/B000069K6U/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Too Stroked:
I have the regular (no heat) LGM and to tell you the truth, I'm not impressed. (BTW, who needs heat when you can just add hot water to the tank?) Other than putting everything you need in one tidy package, the machine itself isn't very powerful, doesn't hold much, and the spray pattern is too wide. I generally use mine now to apply the detergent and do some removal, but then whip out the shop vac to really suck the carpet dry.

My recommendation would be to buy the no heat LGM at Ollie's for $29.99, then use it like I do instead of wasting an extra $70.00.

Center Stage Auto Detailing:
I totally agree.  The tank is too small and it doesn't suck very well.  But compare a $99 LGM to a $650 Durrmaid.  Sure the Durrmaid is a LOT better machine.  But if I can by 6-7 LGM for the same money....and they last me say 4 years per machine....  That means I'll be retirement age before I match the price of a single Durrmaid.

If I need it to dry quickly, I just follow it with my shop vac.  Which is getting replaced this weekend.

I used mine on three cars last weekend.  For durability argument, mine is now 5 years old.  :cheers:  It has been through many many cars and potty training two puppys.
Another example is I've gone through 4 craftsman shop vacs in the same amount of time.  Not buying another craftsmen this weekend.

My personal thought is that people aren't shop vac'ing before they use the LGM.  It's not made to pull up big stuff.  Just dirt and stains.  Every failure of an LGM I've seen with my own eyes has been because of this.  I do baby it.  I always shop vac before using it, I rinse it after every use, store it indoors, etc...

I have the heat, but to be honest it doesn't do much more than just keep hot water hot.  Not worth the extra imho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version