Detailing Products > Quick Detailers & Finishing Sprays

PB Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash

(1/1)

Rollingrock:
Steve, I hope you see this....

I am down in SA TX for Sea World, my truck was washed and cleaned up before the trip...I keep a bottle of Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash in the truck tool box along with 2 other QD's.   My truck has been in the hot sun all day, so is that the reason for the mild streaking?  I just went back over the areas with a dry mf and they mostly went away but on the really hot hood it did require a little more effort to remove.  I used very lightly too.  The finish feels great.  The truck wasn't really dirtly just some Hyperdressing sling and some "dust" 

Bunky:
I would think almost anything would streak when applied to hot paint.  The water would likely flash out and leave whatever ingredients dissolved in the solution on the paint. There is a difference between works in the sun and works paint that may be hot to the touch.

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: Bunky on August 07, 2010, 06:52:04 AM ---I would think almost anything would streak when applied to hot paint.  The water would likely flash out and leave whatever ingredients dissolved in the solution on the paint. There is a difference between works in the sun and works paint that may be hot to the touch.

--- End quote ---

yeah I bet you're right about the flashing on the hot surface.  It did turn out great.  That is for a QD right? 

JP

Bunky:
S&W is a cleaning detailer but unlike other detailers it does not additives that change gloss, etc.  It is perfect as a drying and it seems to wipe off easy (more runny than some detailers).

Poorboy:
do the 10 second test before using on a hot surface ... put you hand on the surface to be cleaned ... if you can't keep your hand there comfortably for 10 seconds, products will be a bit harder to work with.. 
If you do have to work in extremely hot surfaces.. do very small areas and do it quickly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version