1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Truck Help  (Read 14514 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Truck Help
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:25:24 PM »
So stopped by the transmission shop for an update this afternoon.  He said it was missing really bad and the check engine light was on.  This was news to me as it didn't come on yesterday when this all started.  So we walked out and started it.  It sounded terrible.  He put it in drive and floored it and it didn't even budge.  It really didn't even rev up (it revved in park though.)  So I threw my programmer on it and pulled the codes.  And here they are... all 16 of them.

P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0155 - 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0161 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2)
P0443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0740 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction
P0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
P0750 - Shift Solenoid A Malfunction
P0753 - Shift Solenoid A Electrical
P0755 - Shift Solenoid B Malfunction
P0758 - Shift Solenoid B Electrical
P1451 - EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
P1640 - Powertrain DTCs Available in Another Control Module (This is the closest I could find to an actual explanation of this code.)
P1747 - Electronic Pressure Control Solenoid - Open Circuit
P1754 - Coast Clutch Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
P1760 - Transmission System Problems

Any help is hugely appreciated!
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
Re: Truck Help
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »
ECU?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »
Whatever the issue, it took a bunch of crap out with it and may be causing the transmission issues.  The transmission guy won't even touch the tranny until the engine issue is addressed.  I trust him because I've experience his work on a transmission he built for my dads car and he's always backed up with custom street rods.  I am going to price computers though.  Anyone know what's involved in the replacement of one.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 05:11:40 PM »
Should be easier than replacing a light bulb.
 :dunno:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 05:22:49 PM »
PCM and TCM gone bad?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline texbigred1

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »
look at the  harness right beside the engine pass side

make sure nothing has chewed on it also follow it down the back of the motor  to the trans mission all those codes are related to stuff on that harness.

also check where it plugs in to the computer

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
Thanks for the lead.  Im going to try to drive out to the shop tomorrow to check it out.  That's right where the fire was.  Its possible that may have damaged it.  What confuses me though is if the engine caused the transmission problem and the transmission problem caused the fire that may have caused the engine fire, which came first and why?  Chicken or the egg?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »
FIRE? WTF, what did i miss? 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »

JP, you must have missed Mike's weanie roast at the roadside a few weeks ago. Luckily, the fire went out pretty quick, but it now sounds like it might have actually caused some damage. Man, if ESF didn't have bad luck ...

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »

JP, you must have missed Mike's weanie roast at the roadside a few weeks ago. Luckily, the fire went out pretty quick, but it now sounds like it might have actually caused some damage. Man, if ESF didn't have bad luck ...

holly hyperdressing.....sorry I missed that, well of course that is the issue...Mike! 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 08:24:50 PM »
There's still an issue of what caused the fire.  If the fire is the cause of my current problem then is it safe to say that my current problem didn't cause the fire?  If that is the case then what caused the fire in the first place?  The tranny builder seems to think the engine problem could have caused the tranny to overheat pushing fluid out of the dipstick tube and down on to the header. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:24 PM »
There's still an issue of what caused the fire.  If the fire is the cause of my current problem then is it safe to say that my current problem didn't cause the fire?  If that is the case then what caused the fire in the first place?  The tranny builder seems to think the engine problem could have caused the tranny to overheat pushing fluid out of the dipstick tube and down on to the header. 

could this have anything to do with the cruise control recall that caused fires?

Offline texbigred1

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »
cruise control is on the other side of the bay..   also you could have a valve cover leakingand dripping on the mainfold  causing a fire 

but the trans guys  idea could be it also  if the vent gets clogged for the trans it will spit fluid out of the tube

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »
I remember you saying the leak caused the fire.  If you burned something enough to get all those codes, you should see fire damage.  Wouldnt you have heard, felt or noticed an engine problem that was severe enough to cause the tranny to overheat and push fluid out?
After you inspect for fire damage and correct what burned? I would go back to the scene of the crime...
the transmission.
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 06:27:19 AM »
Im almost certain the fire was transmission fluid related as it was everywhere including the entire back of the vehicle. 

OD, you would definitely think I would have noticed something but I didn't.  Actually I just noticed a lack of power for the first time a day before this happened otherwise its been running fine.  I did talk to the tranny guy and he will be going over the tranny completely when the engine is straightened out.  When I mentioned the vent theory to him though he didn't seem to think was too probable.  He said that was mostly only with GMCs.  What he did say was that if the tranny was being overworked due to the engine it could overheat and push fluid out.  But that would mean that the engine caused the tranny problem which possibly caused another engine problem?  Part of the puzzle is missing.  Or something is just a coincidence.

* Recent Photos

IMG_6666.JPG

Views: 5
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal