General Category > General Discussion

Stereo/alarm decision

(1/5) > >>

Rollingrock:
Well I have decided.

Going to go with the Alpine iDA-X100 and the Clifford Matrix 50.5X system.

The truck should be out of the body shop on Tuesday, in the Audio shop on Wed AM

guitarman502:
Decide against the W505?

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: guitarman502 on July 26, 2008, 11:35:55 PM ---Decide against the W505?

--- End quote ---

I did, and the only benefit of the 505 over the 205 is ipod video...for me right now, it doesn't make sense.  Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the 505 over the 205.   

My daughter cannot see the screen now that she sits on the far side like a big girl....and my newborn won't care for at least 2 years and chances are I will trade by then. 

I do hope that Alpine comes out with something to proceed the 505 b/c its not much of an improvment over a 205.   The menus and screen are kind of clunky. 

The MAJOR thing that got me besides the above was that the X100 has a true ipod "back" button that if you hit it, it takes you inside the playlist or section you were in....rather than going starting over each time you want to skip to a song or artist.  That may or make not make sense.

guitarman502:
It does.  I'm still rely way to much on CDs to even consider one of the new digital source only head units.  I've been debating on going from my W-200 up to the W-205 so I can have that blackbird for NAV, although there are a bunch of things I want to buy before that.  Just got word my ARC amp is still under warranty so hooray!

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: guitarman502 on July 27, 2008, 12:07:17 AM ---It does.  I'm still rely way to much on CDs to even consider one of the new digital source only head units.  I've been debating on going from my W-200 up to the W-205 so I can have that blackbird for NAV, although there are a bunch of things I want to buy before that.  Just got word my ARC amp is still under warranty so hooray!

--- End quote ---

If you don't mind reseting your B200 about once to 3 times per week, its a great solution.  The battery life on the B200 is around 2.5 hours, very weak if you ask me...that is if you wanted to use it as a hand held for geocaching etc.

It does work well and the 3D nav is pretty slick.  It is sometimes hard to find addresses especially if they are on a highway with many names.  For example.   35W and 35E are both called Stimmons Parkway and I35 W....In DFW the Tollway is also called N. Texas Parkway and you cannot find it that way so it takes some learning to figure out how to input your destination.

I would still get a 205 over a 505 with the B200 Nav unit. 

Having had the 205, I would take a hard look at Kenwood and Pioneer as well as Clarion. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version