April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mother's Chrome????  (Read 8657 times)

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
Mother's Chrome????
« on: June 22, 2010, 02:00:45 PM »
Just wanted to ask the quick question....what do you guys think about Mother's Chrome Polish?  I am polishing this weekend but decided to leave extra early and do not have time to order anything.  I was going to order Meg's or some Optimum and can't find either on a shelf.  My local Wally world has Mother's on the shelf.  Wondering if that's a sufficient temporary fix.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Mother's Chrome????
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »
Honestly, for chrome, I don't think it makes a huge difference.  I used to have a bottle of turtle wax chrome polish that always did a great job. Aluminum is a different story though.  For aluminum some just work better than others.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
I wondered the same and figured that they are all comparable; however, I've read up on Optimum metal polish, and I like the extra protection component due to the fact that I only get around to waxing a few times per year.  I've heard good things about the stuff and am wondering if the extra $$$ are worth it.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »
Hey Greg,
Let me know what you need and I will give you enough to get the job done this weekend.
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »
Honestly, for chrome, I don't think it makes a huge difference.  I used to have a bottle of turtle wax chrome polish that always did a great job. Aluminum is a different story though.  For aluminum some just work better than others.

ESF, I assume you'll be washing your mouth out with soap after mentioning Turtle Wax in a positive note. Apologies will be considered by the tribunal tomorrow at dawn.
 :redneck:

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
Hey Greg,
Let me know what you need and I will give you enough to get the job done this weekend.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate it.  I'm not sure if I'll have time to meet up though unless your around on my lunch hour.  We're leaving at 3pm...somewhat unexpectedly due to my Mom being sick.  Going to help my Dad out for a few days.....figured I might as well get a detail in while I'm there.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it.  I'm not sure if I'll have time to meet up though unless your around on my lunch hour.  We're leaving at 3pm...somewhat unexpectedly due to my Mom being sick.  Going to help my Dad out for a few days.....figured I might as well get a detail in while I'm there.
Just tell me a time and I will make it work.  U can get some Flitz (good stuff) or Optimum Metal Polish...just let me know.

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03:09 AM »
ESF, I assume you'll be washing your mouth out with soap after mentioning Turtle Wax in a positive note. Apologies will be considered by the tribunal tomorrow at dawn.
No Tribunal...lets just shoot him at dawn. :hp:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:44:26 PM by ESF »

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 06:36:22 AM »
Just tell me a time and I will make it work.  U can get some Flitz (good stuff) or Optimum Metal Polish...just let me know.

I'd love to meet up with you around noon or so during my lunch break if you can make that work.  I'd definitely like to use some Optimum if you have some....give me some more time to order more of my own....plus a backing plate and smaller pad if you're still offering.  Just call me and we'll work it out.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »
No Tribunal...lets just shoot him at dawn. :hp:

That would work for me.  I'm really not looking forward to work today.  You'd be doing me a favor.

You do realize that a TDC Tribunal is me after 3 beers, right?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »
Haha.  Can you tell I was a bit out of it this morning.  I edited Old Doggs post instead of quoting it.  Sorry about that.  Ill fix that when I get home. 

EDIT - fixed
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:44:57 PM by ESF »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:51 AM »
Big Sur remember...Pictures or it didn't happen. :cam:

Haha.  Can you tell I was a bit out of it this morning.  I edited Old Doggs post instead of quoting it.  Sorry about that.  Ill fix that when I get home. 

EDIT - fixed
What happened...just some spellli৬ngg৬ৢg erros or incoherently incoherent?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 05:05:09 AM »
I dn't know what the hell I Was doing yesterday morning.  I meant to quote you and say shooting me at dawn was ok with me seeing as I didn't want to go to work anyway but instead I hit the edit post button for your name and just added to your post.  I'm special like that.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:23:46 AM »
I'm special like that.

Yes, you are "special!"

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »
I'm special like that.

Yes, you are "special!"

I knew I could count on you!  Haha.  Can I borrow your helmet?

* Recent Photos

IMG_3182.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal