April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Cafe Contest Time!  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Cafe Contest Time!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 09:35:03 PM »
any chance of extending to 8/18 ?  It has been a crazy summer..  I have been gone for almost 6 weeks .. finally got home this weekend.

Why don't we extend a little longer even, given the crazy ass summer everyone seems to be having, heat, travel etc....Any objections to 10/1 ?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 07:10:40 AM »
any chance of extending to 8/18 ?  It has been a crazy summer..  I have been gone for almost 6 weeks .. finally got home this weekend.

Why don't we extend a little longer even, given the crazy ass summer everyone seems to be having, heat, travel etc....Any objections to 10/1 ?

that would work for me,  which is all that matters..  :redneck:

It will give me a chance to make an entry and debut my shop at the same time..   if they ever finish the build out .  they have been waiting on the power company for two weeks to install the meter.

================

Doug

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »
I should have a contribution to the contest this weekend if I dont get suckerd into some thing. :blah:
Good enough never is

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 07:36:07 AM »

Oh sure. Make me sweat my arse off to slide one in just under the old deadline and then move the deadline back! (The story of my life.)

Given the stupid hot weather everybody's been having, that sounds like a good idea. I suppose I'm going to have to find a real basket case to revive to compete against Gipraw though.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
That Charger looks pretty damn good. I'd hate to see you get heat stroke , ya know ..

:hp:
================

Doug

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
The new deadline is better for me also. 
I was so hot and frustrated on my last detail.... I started taking some photos but lost the mood and was just trying to get done and out of the heat. 
The un-air conditioned  garage with fans blowing hot air around was hot as hell.
The blacktop driveway was hot as hell...even at night it cooled down to the upper 80's by midnight and it was still hot as hell.
Daytime is like being near a blast furnace.
At night feels like a sauna outside. 
 :bitch: :cry:
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »
Sorry about that guys but I think the new date will work out for many more people. 

Wonder if we could do a little recruiting based on the contest?   hint hint.....  :)   

My garage is stupid hot....I have a swamp cooler and if I can get it started in the AM the swamp cooler does a good job of keeping it tolerable.  But NOT when it is 107 outside.

I have to do a F350 long bed in the near future, it may be another candidate...although I already bought the prize for myself.   Maybe based on the time we could make the prize larger too. 

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:36 AM »
I hear you on the heat .. I am looking at how to keep a 2,000 Sq ft space cool ..   not sure how ..   the swamp cooler at Northern Tools that will handle 2,400 sq ft is $2,300  no interest in spending that kind of money

================

Doug

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »
I hear you on the heat .. I am looking at how to keep a 2,000 Sq ft space cool ..   not sure how ..   the swamp cooler at Northern Tools that will handle 2,400 sq ft is $2,300  no interest in spending that kind of money

A good 3 ton ac unit for that size space gonna cost 2X that much...and use a bit more energy...
I have seen heavy use of swamp coolers in the south esp Florida.  Dont you have to have a certain amount of humidity in the air for them to be practical?
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »

Is that the porta cool? 

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 02:47:29 PM »
yes, it is ..

================

Doug

* Recent Photos

IMG_5142.JPG

Views: 1
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics