April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: RV Guys (Roof Done!)  (Read 10939 times)

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
Re: RV Guys (repair opinion)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
That looks great  :clap: Good work. 
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline texbigred1

• Café Member
Re: RV Guys (Roof Done!)
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »
good job man!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
what an improvement.

come down to sea world with us this week

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
Headed to Arkansas this Wed.  Though without the Camper.  Don't quite trust it to all that way and back yet.  Till I can really go throught he hubs and whatnot.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 09:40:43 PM »
Headed to Arkansas this Wed.  Though without the Camper.  Don't quite trust it to all that way and back yet.  Till I can really go throught he hubs and whatnot.

Where are you going in AR>  you know that is my hood. 

If I were you I could change the tires to one that can handle 70 mph....you'll tow that think like a shadow.   

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »
Going to Oklahoma City Wed & Thurs.  Then going To Pettit Jean State Park for Fri - Sun for a family reunion.  We're either there or Queen Wilhelmina the first weekend of Aug every year.

I'm not too worried about the tires.  They're a 14" wheel with 2 year old automotive tires on them.  Picking up a spare I have in the barn on the way through OK.  I'm more worried about the hubs and bearings.  But we've had lodge reservations at Pettit Jean since last August so we'll just keep them this year.

But yeah, I can't tell it's back there.  Had to weigh it to get it registered since it was a transfer from Oklahoma.  It only weighed 1040 pounds.  I could put the thing in the bed of my truck and not worry about weight.  LOL  Not even sure if I'm going to take it out of overdrive when pulling it.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 10:29:02 PM »
what are going to do in OKC?  that is my old stomping grounds ..

the pop up look great.  keep up the good work, and it will be good as new in short order.

================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
Going to Oklahoma City Wed & Thurs.  Then going To Pettit Jean State Park for Fri - Sun for a family reunion.  We're either there or Queen Wilhelmina the first weekend of Aug every year.

I'm not too worried about the tires.  They're a 14" wheel with 2 year old automotive tires on them.  Picking up a spare I have in the barn on the way through OK.  I'm more worried about the hubs and bearings.  But we've had lodge reservations at Pettit Jean since last August so we'll just keep them this year.

But yeah, I can't tell it's back there.  Had to weigh it to get it registered since it was a transfer from Oklahoma.  It only weighed 1040 pounds.  I could put the thing in the bed of my truck and not worry about weight.  LOL  Not even sure if I'm going to take it out of overdrive when pulling it.

DUDE, you are gonna love PJ....it is wonderful  (Make sure you pick up some Pettit Jean Bacon and Ham) .  If you were camping you could get a spot right on the water but the lodge is good too... I sure hope the waterfall is rolling for you all and you get a chance to see it...hike down to the bottom and walk behind the falls in the bowl.  It's amazing...one of the highest waterfalls in the US.   If you happen to take a day trip, head west on HWY 10 5 miles past Paris and visit Subiaco Abby/Academy, that is were ol RollingRock went to boarding school.   You are in the South Side of the Ozark MTS in the Quaitiau National Forest.  It is truly God's Country out there.  ...Mt Nebo is nearby and worth a visit.    

• Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 11:31:46 PM »
I don't know how many time's I've done that cedar falls trail.  I took my son (then 5) down the trail last Aug.  We go to AR every year.  So, I've been to Pettit Jean over 30 times I'd guess.  But we always stay at the lodge.  Usually head to the lake once to go paddle boating and such.  The last few years, the falls hasn't been very heavy this time of year.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 11:43:08 PM »
I don't know how many time's I've done that cedar falls trail.  I took my son (then 5) down the trail last Aug.  We go to AR every year.  So, I've been to Pettit Jean over 30 times I'd guess.  But we always stay at the lodge.  Usually head to the lake once to go paddle boating and such.  The last few years, the falls hasn't been very heavy this time of year.

that is awesome, i am glad to know you have been there so much, that place is close to my heart...appears yours too.  Post up some photos...show the Cafe members what they are missing!

• Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »
Here's a few from the cedar falls trail from Aug. 2009

Bottom.  You can get an idea of size by the people in the upper right hand corner of the pic

The falls

Us

Fungi

I normally hike it every year.  But, don't know if the stitches I got in my leg will keep me from doing it this year.  Still have one stitch in.  I"ll probably hike it anyway.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:32 PM »
those are great....I have seen those falls going so hard you couldn't talk within 100 yards due to the noise.   The spray was amazing....that was Spring though...that bowl is huge!   

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 07:15:41 AM »
Very nice job on that camper. And those falls are nice!

We're headed to Tennessee in a couple weeks. I love the Appalachians/Smokies.

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:37 AM »
very nice work on the camper  :cheers:
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 9
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal