1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: My Mods  (Read 4216 times)

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
My Mods
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
Wanted to show off my mods if that's okay.  I recently went crazy and did a bunch in a very short period of time.  Mods inlcude complete stereo system overhaul (door speakers, head unit, powered sub, amplifier, etc), Magnaflow SI/DO side exit exhaust, chrome billet grille plus valance grille, chrome bug deflector, ATX OffRoad Artillery wheels on 33 x 11.5 R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Bushwacker Pocket Style fender flares...painted to match.  I think that's it for now.  I'm still considering going bigger on tire, but that's a little difficult due to rim limitations.  Many of my friends like the look and say I should leave it as is, but I'm still not sure.  Feedback from you guys would be great.

P.S.  These pics were taken recently after months of no detail.  I detailed last week.  I can get some better pics later. Please forgive me :)

powered sub but before amp insall...amp sits next to it now, no pics

MY wheels

Before flares were installed

After flares were installed

BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline 05supercrew

• Café Member
Re: My Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
Looks great, how does that little powered sub sound? I was thinking about getting that for my F150.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
Looks great, how does that little powered sub sound? I was thinking about getting that for my F150.

It sounds awesome if it's installed and tuned right.  Took me awhile to get it right.  I also noticed that although this is a powered sub, it sounds better if you retrieve the signal from an amplifier vs. the head unit...even though you're not getting power from the amp only signal.  Doesn't make sense to me but it makes a difference.  If you're really into rap or other music with really low "synthetic" bass, it's not for you.  If you're into rock or metal..or music where your bass is coming from an actual bass guitar or bass drum, it will serve your needs.  The sub in combo with door speakers receiving amplified power sounds awesome.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline 05supercrew

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 01:53:04 PM »
Thanks, that helps. My days of 1500 watt amps are done. It sounds like what im looking for.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
The truck looks great.  I think the flares make the tires look a bit small.  The wheel and tire size looked perfect before the new flares.  However, I love the flares, so I don't know.  It's a pretty good problem to have really because whether you go bigger or not it'll look great.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 03:09:57 PM »
COMPLETELY agree with you ESF.  I'm in a "pickle" so to speak.  I liked the look before the flares too but just could not deal with the overspray.  I spent over an hour last week just getting the tar off my truck from pre-flare driving.  I don't have time to wash every week so that was going to be a problem.  The flares block 95% of it.  I HATE knowing that I went to all that trouble and spent all that money to not be satisfied, but it is what it is I guess.  I'll have to make a change if I can come up with a buyer for my tires.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 08:23:16 PM »
love those fender flares. 

Good looking truck.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

DSC02914.JPG

Views: 1
By: jkilmurray

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal