General Category > Classic Car Photos and Discussions

Project: Darkstar - aka Donna Troy

(1/6) > >>

attworth:
Here she is. Wanna talk about original? And rust free? And for well under $1,000 - Delivered. In semi-running condition. I feel really good about this purchase. Let the games begin.

Little background on the project name. The car is a 1969 Ford Galaxie 500. We wanted to name her something sort of related to "Galaxy." Donna it is. Donna Troy, Wonder Woman's sister, is also known - among other alias's - as Darkstar. Little bit of sex appeal, some nerd thrown in, and a pretty sweet star-covered costume.

So anyway, on to the car.

Here it is sitting in its current home. Took up most of the space. It needs to shift a bit to get some more space for ingress/egress, but that's the best we could do for now.

Motor runs well, and doesn't smoke. Needs a tune-up. Gas tank is "gunked up," but I'm betting the mud daubers in the fuel lines don't help any.....

Here's a couple poor shots of the frame and under body. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. Realize, this car has been sitting outside for 7+ years, and before that the history is unknown.

The interior is in fair shape for 40+ years. Headliner missing, seats cracking, carpet old and faded, dash cracked. No big deal really.

How bout this? Original service instructions on the inner fender. Original 302 decal on the air cleaner cover. Original (I think,) Powered by Ford valve covers.

Pretty stoked about this one. My brother in law will be lending me a hand. He's got a kiddo on the way, so a project for him was outta the question. Ironically, a '69 Galaxie is what he was looking at. He's real OCD (if only I could get him into detailing....) so I'm sure he'll keep me in check when I get lazy.

:beer:

Rollingrock:
wow, this will be fun to follow.

DLR Detailing:
Nice find.  Looking forward to following the rebuild.   :clap:
I think the paint will  :hp: right out.  :dunno:  Good luck!

attworth:

--- Quote from: DLR Detailing on February 14, 2010, 09:09:52 AM ---
I think the paint will  :hp: right out. 

--- End quote ---

Some of the non rusted parts may.  :redneck:

Too Stroked:
A little bit of Hyperdressing and the interior will be, um, well, still rough. But, for the year, that thing is in awesome shape. Up here, cars like that rusted away to dust 25 years ago. Keep up informed as to progress Tony!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version