April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Couple Questions about doing a detail..  (Read 11502 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Couple Questions about doing a detail..
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 10:15:14 PM »
You guys could always chip in and fly Too Stroked down there.  Haha.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »

TS is rolling in the bank...he does need to come down to see us but he knows he may not go home.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »

TS is rolling in the bank...he does need to come down to see us but he knows he may not go home.

Yea, your weather has been so much better than ours as of late! :redneck:

When I landed in Atlanta this past Monday, it was all of 21 degrees!

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 08:49:08 AM »
Im around Keller usually about a weekend out of the month. My sister in law lives in Saginaw and we always drive up to see her. That would be great to get some professional hands on advice. What happened was when i first got the truck i washed and waxed it every weekend and it was almost in perfect condition paint wise. well we live on a dirt driveway and i would spend hours detailing it and come out a hour later and it was covered in dust, also have alot of stray cats that like to track there muddy paws on my clean paint so needless to say i got to where i didnt clean it as much and would run it threw the car washes :dope:. After i saw the swirls that the car wash made it wants me to start getting the truck back to the way it should be and keep it that away, even if i have to quick detail it everyday.

KRC....orange has a place but I gotta tell you...I used to jump to the yellow lake and orange like it was crack...however, there is always a time and place for each pad. 

I feel 200% more comfortable with a Lake PFW pad over an orange.

I know you have new stuff and you must be wanting to jump right in and give it a shot, but hold off if you can, lets have a look at the paint condition befor diving in. 

BTW, you are not too far from me in Keller TX....do you find yourself this way?   If so I would be more than willing to give it a look and or go at it with you.

RR

Well I'd say this is working out.....when is the next time you are gonna be around Saginaw? 

I am about 25 min or so away. 

would like to look at it...then you and I could hit it together, maybe we can get Attworth to show up and we'll get it done really quick.  LOL

I'm game. Just give me a call man. I'll bring my own PC, then we've got 5 machines to choose from.  :hp:

Offline kingranchcoy

• Café Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »
Not sure was just there last weekend, probaly in a couple weeks, i will let you know and go from there, Thanks guys

Im around Keller usually about a weekend out of the month. My sister in law lives in Saginaw and we always drive up to see her. That would be great to get some professional hands on advice. What happened was when i first got the truck i washed and waxed it every weekend and it was almost in perfect condition paint wise. well we live on a dirt driveway and i would spend hours detailing it and come out a hour later and it was covered in dust, also have alot of stray cats that like to track there muddy paws on my clean paint so needless to say i got to where i didnt clean it as much and would run it threw the car washes :dope:. After i saw the swirls that the car wash made it wants me to start getting the truck back to the way it should be and keep it that away, even if i have to quick detail it everyday.

KRC....orange has a place but I gotta tell you...I used to jump to the yellow lake and orange like it was crack...however, there is always a time and place for each pad. 

I feel 200% more comfortable with a Lake PFW pad over an orange.

I know you have new stuff and you must be wanting to jump right in and give it a shot, but hold off if you can, lets have a look at the paint condition befor diving in. 

BTW, you are not too far from me in Keller TX....do you find yourself this way?   If so I would be more than willing to give it a look and or go at it with you.

RR

Well I'd say this is working out.....when is the next time you are gonna be around Saginaw? 

I am about 25 min or so away. 

would like to look at it...then you and I could hit it together, maybe we can get Attworth to show up and we'll get it done really quick.  LOL

Offline kingranchcoy

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
Alright experts decided to order some sealant which is better(easier to use with great results) ex-p or optiseal. Gonna order some today. Hopefully that will be the last thing i need to get cause im going to be hearing it from the wife if i dont stop getting stuff for the truck  :blah:

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »
As I mentioned earlier I use Opti-Seal and really like it. Goes on easy - if you get too much on just a quick wipe with a microfiber takes care of it. I does enhance the shine and depth.
I was skeptical of it a year ago as I was strictly a Meg. guy but have found (though the forum) lots of great stuff out there. I have no experience with ex-p you are looking at.

Offline kingranchcoy

• Café Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »

LOL well i didnt check back soon enough and went ahead and ordered the poorboys sealant from Specialty Motoring since they are the closet to me,

As I mentioned earlier I use Opti-Seal and really like it. Goes on easy - if you get too much on just a quick wipe with a microfiber takes care of it. I does enhance the shine and depth.
I was skeptical of it a year ago as I was strictly a Meg. guy but have found (though the forum) lots of great stuff out there. I have no experience with ex-p you are looking at.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »
Let me (the forum) know how it works for you.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
It's a little late but as far as easiest to use, Opti Seal couldn't be any easier unless it applied itself.  I think you'll be happy with the Ex-P though.  Poorboy's products are very easy to use.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
EX-P is very good, you will be happy with how it works...once you have your surface corrected you will want ot apply by hand since you don't have any finish pads

A GREAT pad to apply this with your DA would be a Lake Blue or Red...Red.    EX-P does need to set on the surface for 30 min...Steve may jump in and correct us on his products since well...he makes them in all.  :) 

The durability of EX-P is very good.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
He did state he has a red pad, RR. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
He did state he has a red pad, RR. 

yeah reading comprehension, not my strongest...

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 08:44:57 PM »
 usually let it sit while I do the interior. Bout an hour in most cases.

Offline kingranchcoy

• Café Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
Hey guys just detailed the wifes taurus today, i am very happy with the results. Rollingrock i need you to show me how to do 105 i couldnt do anything with it! Look for my other thread on the wax detail i am super happy especially being my first time

* Recent Photos

IMG_1920.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal