Exterior Detailing > Metal Polishing

Aluminum polishing with PC xp

(1/3) > >>

70 tt rustang:
I want to polish my aluminum intercooler piping and my aluminum wheels. I wanted to know if i can use my pc and what pads would i use wool maybe and then step it down to a lighter pad maybe? Iam trying to get a mirror shine what product do you think i should use?
Maybe medal Rx or gliptone 3 step 1 2 and 3?

Kitzy:
I've used a wool pad on the makita on diamond plate succesfully.  I might be difficut for wheels.  A polishing ball on a drill would be easier in tight spaces.  There's the mothers powerball, lc wool balls (5" and 3", poorboy carries them), justin used to carry something like the motherball - not sure if he still has any.  Metal Rx is cool as it leaves a later of protection behind.  Optimum metal polish works the same way.  There are lots of different polishes you can use.

Too Stroked:
I think you'll find that a PC doesn't work as well as a rotary or a Flex on something like a wheel. The lack of what I'll call "forced rotation" on the PC - plus the relatively low pad speed - makes for a long day. I've always used my rotary and an older (throw away) foam polishing pad with various metal polishes and had good luck.

Tdub:
Yeah I tried using my pc on my aluminum gas tanks in the jet boat and it didn't work very at all.  I need to get a rotary!

70 tt rustang:
Ok thanks for the help, what kind of pads should i use with the rotary. And what brand rotary do you think i should get?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version