1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Break in  (Read 9784 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Break in
« on: July 16, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
yuppers, got broken in today.

Babys R Us in Hust parking lot.  Was in the store for 20 min.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
Re: Break in
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
Man that is terrible, I am guessing that no one saw anything.....
And it looks like they not only worked over your dash but the KR leather looked like it took a beating to.
I hate people that do that s**t!
........Dude....... Teach me!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:37:33 PM »
JP,

Man, sorry to hear (and see) that one. I know how you feel. I had somebody break into one of my trucks a few years back and steal a radar detector. Of course they just blasted the driver side window with a rock and yanked the thing out. As you might guess, the cops were real interested in finding it for me. That's what we have insurance for. As long as your family is OK ....

If I ever saw / caught somebody doing something like that - even if it wasn't my vehicle - they'd better hope the police got there soon to save their butt. I can't stand folks who don't respect other people's property.

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 03:49:04 PM »
Too bad he didnt see them-- because I know he carries a Springfield Armory XD9 with a 3" barrel--- and he's VERY fast at what he does, from draw to 3x double taps... Shoot- if I was there and saw your truck getting broken into, I'd shoot them for you...

Anywho, sorry for the loss...I guess right now you're wanting like crazy to find those bastards...
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »
I have a great wife.....after the news (she was home with the boy) When I came home she told me to trade the truck for another.  She said this truck has been somewhat bad luck for us and she's right. In fact I am not sure I am going to have a custom stereo again. 

So I am going to take her up on the suggestion.

After I get the truck back from the body shop I am driving right to my local Ford guy and giving it back to them.

I may even look at the Chevy 2500's...

I almost feel a bit of releif. 

May have my AV guys come over tomorrow and pull the amps, subs and door speakers out and put it back to factory. 

Just done giving stuff to F-in crack heads.  You're right Ryan, had I seen the guy, I would have unloaded a mag on him.

Offline guitarman502

• Café Member
  • Brand Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »
Chevy?  OH NO!!! J/K.  Man sorry to hear about the break-in.

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:48 PM »
I have a great wife.....after the news (she was home with the boy) When I came home she told me to trade the truck for another.  She said this truck has been somewhat bad luck for us and she's right. In fact I am not sure I am going to have a custom stereo again. 

So I am going to take her up on the suggestion.

After I get the truck back from the body shop I am driving right to my local Ford guy and giving it back to them.

I may even look at the Chevy 2500's...

I almost feel a bit of releif. 

May have my AV guys come over tomorrow and pull the amps, subs and door speakers out and put it back to factory. 

Just done giving stuff to F-in crack heads.  You're right Ryan, had I seen the guy, I would have unloaded a mag on him.

I hope I can find a wife like that...

Anywho, good idea to pull the amps and such-- then you can either install on new truck or at least sell for $$$...

I dunno about a chevy...its almost sin...

Again, sorry to hear about the break in. I somehow knew you would be one to unload a mag... I know for darn sure I would...
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »
The problem I have with Chevy/GMC is that the wheels look so little in the those giant wells they have.  I mean what is the point of that?

Secondly their options are so confusing. 

Offline guitarman502

• Café Member
  • Brand Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:32 PM »
Nothing wrong with a 6.4 Lariat  :thumbsiup:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 11:08:52 PM »
Nothing wrong with a 6.4 Lariat  :thumbsiup:

Trust me, the only reason I got this KR was b/c I needed a Diesel and this one was used after 10K miles from some rich dude that couldn't park it in his 4 car garage and the price I paid for it was cheaper than getting a new one at the time.  If you had a chance to pay 31K for an F250 KR you'd be stupid not to do it right? 

So I am going back to a lariat if I stay with Ford.  The ones I saw on the lot last time I was there for service were all very nice.  They were all pretty loaded.  I really just want Leather and Tow Command and the uplifters.  Don't need anything else so I may consider getting a leather FX4.  My mole at the dealership says there is some additional hold back money for Ford owners trading PSD to PSD.   Told me today they took 16K off a sticker to move one today.  I am sure they bent him over on the trade but since I bought right I will be less jacked even with the hit HD trucks are getting right now. 

If I didn't have my 5er, I would go back to a F150 in a second....that is why I am kind of interested in the Chevy, they seem to ride well.  But we'll see, I am going to try one out in the morning just to make me feel better. 

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »
Just saw this, JP... sorry to hear it man.  Very sorry, indeed.  I know you will but, do your homework before jumping on the 2500.  There are a couple of guys that I've talked to (one very recently with a 2006) that swear that they'd rather drive a Fiat than it.  I've never been in one; they do look nice but, I think they may have some mechanical/quality issues.

I mean, all of them have some kind of a problem but, it was communicated to me that they were above average on the quantity...

FWIW, I saw a 2009 F-250 on the way in to work.  Ford puts this gawdy sticker on the back of the glass to signify that it's a test mule (mind you, the Super Duty is made about 10 mins from where I'm sitting right now).  I was seeing that new body style WAAAAAY before it made it out to the lots.
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »
RR, sorry to hear/see that brother.....

Been there myself, and there is no worse feeling than being ripped off. It kind of killed the part of me that LOVED custom systems too.... Haven't put one back in any of my vehicles since.

LD
LD

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 10:06:01 PM »
Damn, JP.  that sucks.

The Lariat package is nice.   My dad just bought a 1500, and it is a very nice truck, but not as nice as my F150
================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »
Damn, JP.  that sucks.

The Lariat package is nice.   My dad just bought a 1500, and it is a very nice truck, but not as nice as my F150

I drove a 2500 today....hope this doesn't offend but I drove a LTZ 2500, wasn't impressed at all.  Very plain Jane if you ask me.  The Duramax is quiet but loud as hell in the cab.

Rethinking this whole new truck thing...may just put the new system in and put a bad ass alarm in.

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 07:35:04 AM »
That is what I did! If you are looking for a good alarm the srt9000 from travis at kcautosounds.com will hook you up for a good price. It has a two way pager and a 1 mile range! I absolutely love it. And if you order from travis he will pre-wire the alarm for you truck for only $25 and send you complete instructions on how to do it. It took me 2 hours to install it, and that is doing it the right way. It has remote start if you would like that option too.
........Dude....... Teach me!

* Recent Photos

IMG_0487.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal