1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Meg's #40  (Read 7295 times)

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
Meg's #40
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:46 PM »
Anybody know if Meg's #40 (vinyl and rubber protectant) can be used on hard plastic exterior trim?  I'm looking for one product that I can use to protect both my trim and vinyl tonneau from UV.  Using HD right now but am wondering if I should switch to something else since protection is my main concern, not so much looks at this point in time.  Any help is appreciated.
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Meg's #40
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »
Anybody know if Meg's #40 (vinyl and rubber protectant) can be used on hard plastic exterior trim?  I'm looking for one product that I can use to protect both my trim and vinyl tonneau from UV.  Using HD right now but am wondering if I should switch to something else since protection is my main concern, not so much looks at this point in time.  Any help is appreciated.

hey there, good first post...where ya been? 

I don't know that product that well but I will say that Hyperdressing does have a UV protectant in it. 

There are many products to consider for an plastic Tnneau cover.

BlackWow
PB NLD
PB Trim Restorer
Hyperdressing

I am sure that Optimum has some type of product but Justin will have to jump in there.  BW does create a type of barrier on the surface, repells water and last for several months....something to consider.  It would take a long ass time to apply but it may be worth it.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline LsuSuperCrew

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:24 AM »
It can be used on exterior trim, I just used it on my mirrors, bumper cover and bed rail caps today. I would think that it provides more UV protection than HD. Meg's mentions it in the #40 description on their site, they don't say anything about HD's UV protection.

Offline 05supercrew

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 08:19:04 AM »
Ive used Showroom new dye on my bumper cover and topped it off with #40 and have had exellent results.

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »
Thanks guys.  Just the advice I was looking for.  My trim is starting to turn color pretty badly, so I definitely need to protect it going forward.  I think I'm going to hit it with Black Wow or Showroom New and then coat with #40 during washes....and maybe still hit with HD when I want that shine.  Much appreciated!!!!!
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
It can be used on exterior trim, I just used it on my mirrors, bumper cover and bed rail caps today. I would think that it provides more UV protection than HD. Meg's mentions it in the #40 description on their site, they don't say anything about HD's UV protection.

#40 is an excellent choice for a tonneau but, you may note a bit of runoff from it if you apply it too thick.  What I'd recommend is that you apply it, allow it to dwell for a while, then go back over with a clean MF towel to remove excess.  This will greatly reduce the possibility for it to run off of the truck...

Hyper Dressing definitely has some UV protection but, it'll probably be a tad less than that of #40 or the Marine Version equivalent (#54, maybe?)...
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »
Wanted to follow up to this post to ask about Meg's Natural Shine in comparison to #40.  Looks like that product is comparable in purpose but much easier to get.  Could I expect the same results using NS or is #40 superior IYO???
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »
Wanted to follow up to this post to ask about Meg's Natural Shine in comparison to #40.  Looks like that product is comparable in purpose but much easier to get.  Could I expect the same results using NS or is #40 superior IYO???

I'm impartial on those two.  They're both okay products in my book.  As you note, being that NS is an A-Line product, it's much easier to get (and a bit less expensive).

Offline BigSur

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:19:11 AM »

I'm impartial on those two.  They're both okay products in my book.  As you note, being that NS is an A-Line product, it's much easier to get (and a bit less expensive).

Much appreciated RP!
BigSur
Tidewater, VA

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
NP, bud!

* Recent Photos

IMG_8307.JPG