1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Got a chance to play with the Griots DA for a while...  (Read 12550 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Got a chance to play with the Griots DA for a while...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »

Theoretically, closed cell foam pads should be easier to clean that open cell - which would actually absorb material.

BTW, if you need somebody to clean your pads, I'm willing to start at the bottom and work my way up!

Don't make statements that you can't back up! If you say that you'll sit and clean my pads, then I WILL NOT turn down an offer like that! You my friend, just got yourself a job!  :clap: :cheers: :cool:

Well, I was kind of wavering until you offered to pick up my flights from Rochester, NY to Texas and the hotel and meals and all. That kind of sealed the deal! I'll tell you though, if I was closer, I'd clean toilets if I could get some hands on experience with folks like you. Come to think of it, what's JP doing to get the hands on experience? Hmmm.

Easy there cowboy...cool your DA off...  :)   I am bringing Cokes to the shop and my good looks.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 01:11:01 PM »

Theoretically, closed cell foam pads should be easier to clean that open cell - which would actually absorb material.

BTW, if you need somebody to clean your pads, I'm willing to start at the bottom and work my way up!

Don't make statements that you can't back up! If you say that you'll sit and clean my pads, then I WILL NOT turn down an offer like that! You my friend, just got yourself a job!  :clap: :cheers: :cool:

Well, I was kind of wavering until you offered to pick up my flights from Rochester, NY to Texas and the hotel and meals and all. That kind of sealed the deal! I'll tell you though, if I was closer, I'd clean toilets if I could get some hands on experience with folks like you. Come to think of it, what's JP doing to get the hands on experience? Hmmm.

Easy there cowboy...cool your DA off...  :)   I am bringing Cokes to the shop and my good looks.

Geez, if I bring my good looks too, just think of what it will do for business!  :redneck:

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 04:50:07 PM »
thanks for the review, Nick.  I played with one of their DA's several years ago, and it didn't seem to have any torque to it .. Is this a new design?

I have a Flex rotary on order, and am really looking forward to playing with it.

================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »
thanks for the review, Nick.  I played with one of their DA's several years ago, and it didn't seem to have any torque to it .. Is this a new design?

I have a Flex rotary on order, and am really looking forward to playing with it.

Its very compact, it surprised me how small but how powerful and quiet the thing is.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Nick Chapman

• Café Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 08:49:12 PM »
Its very compact, it surprised me how small but how powerful and quiet the thing is.

Careful! There are two different Flex rotary's. The "L" model is what I have, and it's absolutely amazing! I have always recommended Makita's to people, but not anymore. This new Flex rotary has become my absolute favorite tool of all time! It's powerful, lightweight and very slender. All around a excellent machine. Only negative that I've found is the 1100rpm starting point. I thought it would be a huge issue for me because I did a LOT of final polishing between 600 and 900rpm's, but this thing leaves a stunning finish at 1100rpms. You'll have to pry this thing out of my cold dead hands!

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »
the L is what I have headed my way ..   I am looking forward to it.

================

Doug

* Recent Photos

IMG_6164.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal