1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Too Stroked gets a New Truck  (Read 12326 times)

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
Re: Too Stroked gets a New Truck
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:38 AM »
Tom, great looking F150 you got there.  I'm sort of an Ford F150 guy too.  However, I wouldn't be afraid of an 03-07 Chevy or GMC.  Really don't like the idea of supporting Obama motors nowadays though.  :die:
You have no idea how close I was to buying another brand due to the problems I had with my 2005, but my Ford dealer talked me into it. After driving it almost 500 miles in 3 days, I'm glad I bought it. I could go on and on about the differences between a very well cared for 2005 and this new truck. It's simply a night and day difference and mostly all for the better.

You're right... they really made some HUGE improvements from the last body style to this one.  They continually highlighted the changes when I was up in Detroit for the Ride & Drive event.  Nice machine, T!
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 10:19:58 AM »
I just built my dream F-150. Looks like I need about a 5$/hr raise to afford it.  :redneck:

2010 - XLT SuperCab, 6.5' box, 4x4, 5.4L, 6-speed auto, max trailer tow package w/ 3.73 and LS rear. Tuxedo Black of course (as much as I love your white trucks TS, I gotta have me some black love.) Bucket seats in Camel.

Total MSRP - $36,125

Looks like with my spreadsheet the total cost after incentives and invoice + 3% dealer profit puts it at about 27,483.36$.

Not too shabby!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:59 PM »
I just built my dream F-150. Looks like I need about a 5$/hr raise to afford it.  :redneck:

2010 - XLT SuperCab, 6.5' box, 4x4, 5.4L, 6-speed auto, max trailer tow package w/ 3.73 and LS rear. Tuxedo Black of course (as much as I love your white trucks TS, I gotta have me some black love.) Bucket seats in Camel.

Total MSRP - $36,125

Looks like with my spreadsheet the total cost after incentives and invoice + 3% dealer profit puts it at about 27,483.36$.

Not too shabby!

RR's spare change jar should have you covered.  He probably won't even notice it missing.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 01:11:20 PM »

Total MSRP - $36,125

Not too shabby!

RR's spare change jar should have you covered.  He probably won't even notice it missing.

:call: Still waiting for my iMac!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

Total MSRP - $36,125

Not too shabby!

You guys and your black trucks. Words fail me. I buy white because if I bought black, I'd never have a life - other than full time detailing of my own truck!
 :hp:

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »
:drool:

Did you get a side-by-side of the new and old?

Truck looks great man, glad you didn't have to go to the chevy house.  :die:

As promised Tony, here's a side by side of the old and new trucks.

Oh yea, and the old truck is on the lot with an asking price of $14,995.00.

Offline Tdub

• Café Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »
It looks dirty!  :redneck:

Just kidding of course!!
You're only here for a little while, do it while you can.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 05:32:50 AM »
It looks dirty!  :redneck:

Just kidding of course!!
No, you hit that one right on the head. I had the old one all washed and pretty nicely detailed and then it rained the whole way from my house to the dealer. Then of course I got to drive the new one home in the rain.
 :moody:

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 07:24:20 AM »
:drool:

Did you get a side-by-side of the new and old?

Truck looks great man, glad you didn't have to go to the chevy house.  :die:

As promised Tony, here's a side by side of the old and new trucks.

Oh yea, and the old truck is on the lot with an asking price of $14,995.00.

So beautiful.  :drool:

Seems a little pricey. Might just be cause we have about 10 trucks per every 1 car down here..

Offline Truckguy24

• Café Member
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 09:37:11 AM »
Nice looking rig man!
John

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »
Man I missed this thread somehow...

But, Nice truck! I'm still a little torn on how well I really like the new body but it's starting to grow on me.

And as for color, I have a white car and black truck - the white hardly shows dirt at all but black sure does! I still rethink my white Fusion though once in a while when I pass a black one, but I'll keep it for ease of maintenance!
LD

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »
Man I missed this thread somehow...

But, Nice truck! I'm still a little torn on how well I really like the new body but it's starting to grow on me.

And as for color, I have a white car and black truck - the white hardly shows dirt at all but black sure does! I still rethink my white Fusion though once in a while when I pass a black one, but I'll keep it for ease of maintenance!
To tell you the absolute truth, I didn't like the new body style at all when I first looked at the new truck. Once I changed the wheels, I changed my mind.

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »
You didn't change the wheels until after you bought it and took it home though right?

I agree though - huge improvement.
LD

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »
You didn't change the wheels until after you bought it and took it home though right?

I agree though - huge improvement.

Correct. As I was driving it home though, All I could think was, "I hope this thing isn't as ugly after I change the wheels." After I changed the wheels, I couldn't stop admiring it. They totally changed the look of the truck - for the better.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 11:15:42 AM »
It took a while to grow on me as well.  The tail lights and grille shell are almost deal killers.   For some reason I love the tail gate and the entire look from behind including the lights.  From the side though, those lights are hideous.   
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

IMG_0730.JPG

Views: 2
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal