April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Winterizing Wheels  (Read 10952 times)

Offline 05supercrew

• Café Member
Re: Winterizing Wheels
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys.  I'm going to go with the Opti-Seal on the wheels.  I plan on putting on 2-3 coats and then maybe top it off with the NXT.  Optimum's web site says that you may top off the Opti-Seal with your favorite wax or sealant.

Do you guys think that my multi-coat plan is overkill?  If not, how much time would you give between coats?

Oh, and CarCareDepot, I have bookmarked your website for future reference.

Thanks again guys.

RW
If im not mistaken NXT has some mild cleaners in it so my personal opinion would be NXT first then Opti-seal. Also in the past and present for winterizing my truck/car I used Collinite 845 and it does an exellent job at protecting during the winter.

Offline Radio Wilco

• Café Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 01:44:24 PM »
Yep, you're right 05supercrew.  I thought about that after I posted.  Definitely a better idea to put the NXT on first, let it cure, then follow up with the Opti-Seal.

RW

Offline Need4racin

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »

I'm going to give David a call tomorrow and see what he thinks about selling this product to a detailing enthusiast as long as they sign the waiver form.  There are a lot of people that don't have a business but detail on the side or do it as a hobby.

How do they check to see if you are actually a detailing business?

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »

I'm going to give David a call tomorrow and see what he thinks about selling this product to a detailing enthusiast as long as they sign the waiver form.  There are a lot of people that don't have a business but detail on the side or do it as a hobby.

I'm supposed to get a proof of business form that has the business id # before I can sell the product.  Hopefully, this changes.

Offline Mike2301

• Café Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 05:15:48 PM »

I'm supposed to get a proof of business form that has the business id # before I can sell the product.  Hopefully, this changes.

That's going to suck for me. I'm not registered because supposedly i don't have to be since i'm providing a service and not selling goods.
A Perfect Shine Everytime!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
Morals aside, whats to stop you from selling it out of your own stash other than the fact that they might wonder why you're going through so much?  It just seems like something that's hard to enforce.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

DSC_0102.JPG

Views: 5
By: attworth

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal