April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Who makes the best drying towel?  (Read 7130 times)

Offline Tdub

• Café Member
Who makes the best drying towel?
« on: September 22, 2009, 07:51:54 AM »
I've tried a few with zero luck except one that I got from Glimmer Glass that seems to absorb quite well.  The Super Fly's seem to be good for QD, wax removal etc... 
You're only here for a little while, do it while you can.

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
Re: Who makes the best drying towel?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:42:57 AM »
have you tried our Mega-Plush line?  there is a sale on our microfiber site www.ultrafinish.com/store
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »
nobody replied shamwow yet...you know the germans always make the best stuff....this thing last for ten years, i dont know it sells it self...

but on a serious note...i like a chamois with the dyna jet wringer...and prior to the nay sayers chiming in...dry a "clean" car with a "clean" towel/chamios natural or synthetic you will not get scratches or marring

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »
You should checkout my Amazing Dryer or Monster Waffle Weave, both are large towels that hold a ton of water.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
nobody replied shamwow yet...you know the germans always make the best stuff....this thing last for ten years, i dont know it sells it self...

but on a serious note...i like a chamois with the dyna jet wringer...and prior to the nay sayers chiming in...dry a "clean" car with a "clean" towel/chamios natural or synthetic you will not get scratches or marring

Do those wringers work?  
You should checkout my Amazing Dryer or Monster Waffle Weave, both are large towels that hold a ton of water.

I can almost dry the entire EXPY with that Amazing Dryer or whatever it was that I bought from you last time.  I do think a wringer would be a good thing to check out...
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Tdub

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:46:58 AM »
I have a heck of a time with drying.....  I've resorted back to my stinking water blade just because I still get little water spots if I try to do the blotting technique with what I have.  Almost really have to QD after I dry it just so it looks decent.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »
Try QDing while you dry.  I don't blot.  Makes me mad.  Never works for me.  I use a superfly after I sheet and uses qd or a spray wax as I wipe dry. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 10:10:36 AM »
I've always used 2 towels to dry with.  Use one towel for your first pass and then take another to take a final pass to remove that last bit of moisture.  I never get waterspots or streaking with this method.

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »
yes the wringers work great...but they are high for a good quality one that will last a lifetime

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »
I've always used 2 towels to dry with.  Use one towel for your first pass and then take another to take a final pass to remove that last bit of moisture.  I never get waterspots or streaking with this method.

that is what I am doing now.  Seems to work pretty well.   I love the SuperFlys for this task, that is why i was asking about the wringers. 

Offline Tdub

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 09:08:46 PM »
My SF's just don't seem to absorb for me even after I use something else before them.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 09:39:34 PM »
Any chance they've been used for wax removal and possibly not washed thoroughly?  Are you removing the hose nozzle and sheeting the water off after you wash and before you dry?  That makes a huge difference on how much water there is to remove.  The Superflys haven't let me down yet and hold a good amount of water.  When they get water logged though they will just drag the water around.  That's where the second towel comes in at.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »
Any chance they've been used for wax removal and possibly not washed thoroughly?  Are you removing the hose nozzle and sheeting the water off after you wash and before you dry?  That makes a huge difference on how much water there is to remove.  The Superflys haven't let me down yet and hold a good amount of water.  When they get water logged though they will just drag the water around.  That's where the second towel comes in at.

I was about to ask the same question about having a loaded MF...good response, Tdub...what do you think?  Maybe its time to boil your SF's.  Justin can tell you how to do that but it sounds like you may be a conidate for that, or you could try mixing in some Micro Restore...I use that about every 3 wash...allow to soak after the wash cycle, then drain and rerinse then spin...works like a champ.

Offline Tdub

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 07:42:36 AM »
Yeah, I can try that.  Seems like I used one right from the bag (brand new) and it just dragged water around.  I have a fireman's type nozzle that is stuck on the hose.  I turn all the way so that it acts like one that is removed but may be a little too much pressure still.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:09 AM »
Yeah, I can try that.  Seems like I used one right from the bag (brand new) and it just dragged water around.  I have a fireman's type nozzle that is stuck on the hose.  I turn all the way so that it acts like one that is removed but may be a little too much pressure still.

Which superflys are you using?  The old ones with the white or the new christmas ones?  I think there was a change in the newer ones....

* Recent Photos

Interior After 2

Views: 3
By: Kitzy

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal