General Category > General Discussion

Miltary past or present?

(1/2) > >>

Turbo77:
Always curious to see who if anyone in forums are military member, past or present.

So, which branch, MOS, station.

Obviously by my sig I'm a Marine.  2141 (Amphibious Tracs) and was stationed in Pendleton with many visits to the Stumps and one float to Oki and Perth.

:flag:

05_sprcrw:
I am not in the military, but I do want to say thanks to all of you that are/were in the armed services. Words can not really describe how grateful I and so many others are for the sacrifices you have made.

gipraw:

89-94

Spent several years riding around drilling holes in the ocean.

PWR KAT:
Look at my avatar and you know I was a former Marine.  Started with 81mm mortars at LeJeune.  Went on NATO cruise to Germany and tore up the countryside for a month. Ports of call were fabulous: Copenhagen, Goteborg, Edinburgh(played St. Andrews!) & Amsterdam.  Also went on 6 week hump of the Norwegian mountains 300 miles north of Arctic Circle(most miserable 6 wks of my life!).  Been to the Stumps several times (glorious all-forces nightime fireworks!) and ended up at MCLB Albany, GA where I was introduced to computers.  Semper Fi to all. :flag:

FireFighter:
USN Midshipman, 'stationed' at the University of Washington in Seattle. Contracted for Surface Warfare Officer.

I have been working with a part of the Navy for the last 5 years, though.  One of the things I got to do for awhile (and sadly this weekend is the last of it) is work with/as the MAA... I've been out working at NAVSTA Ingleside, NAS Corpus Christy, Camp San Louis Obispo (Nat'l Guard), now at NAS-JRB Fort Worth (FMC Carswell), and many many others...

Gip-- glad to see there's another navy man in the bunch...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version