March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Miltary past or present?  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Turbo77

• Café Member
  • ... I'll light up your world like the 4th of July!
Miltary past or present?
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
Always curious to see who if anyone in forums are military member, past or present.

So, which branch, MOS, station.

Obviously by my sig I'm a Marine.  2141 (Amphibious Tracs) and was stationed in Pendleton with many visits to the Stumps and one float to Oki and Perth.

:flag:

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
Re: Miltary past or present?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »
I am not in the military, but I do want to say thanks to all of you that are/were in the armed services. Words can not really describe how grateful I and so many others are for the sacrifices you have made.
........Dude....... Teach me!

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »

89-94

Spent several years riding around drilling holes in the ocean.

================

Doug

Offline PWR KAT

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »
Look at my avatar and you know I was a former Marine.  Started with 81mm mortars at LeJeune.  Went on NATO cruise to Germany and tore up the countryside for a month. Ports of call were fabulous: Copenhagen, Goteborg, Edinburgh(played St. Andrews!) & Amsterdam.  Also went on 6 week hump of the Norwegian mountains 300 miles north of Arctic Circle(most miserable 6 wks of my life!).  Been to the Stumps several times (glorious all-forces nightime fireworks!) and ended up at MCLB Albany, GA where I was introduced to computers.  Semper Fi to all. :flag:
You PLAY to WIN the game!

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
USN Midshipman, 'stationed' at the University of Washington in Seattle. Contracted for Surface Warfare Officer.

I have been working with a part of the Navy for the last 5 years, though.  One of the things I got to do for awhile (and sadly this weekend is the last of it) is work with/as the MAA... I've been out working at NAVSTA Ingleside, NAS Corpus Christy, Camp San Louis Obispo (Nat'l Guard), now at NAS-JRB Fort Worth (FMC Carswell), and many many others...

Gip-- glad to see there's another navy man in the bunch...
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline Boss_429

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
Always curious to see who if anyone in forums are military member, past or present.

So, which branch, MOS, station.

Obviously by my sig I'm a Marine.  2141 (Amphibious Tracs) and was stationed in Pendleton with many visits to the Stumps and one float to Oki and Perth.

:flag:

Semper Fi  fellow leatherneck!

Two tours of Nam 70-71

First Recon
SSD
Boss_429

Least aggressive product first = The MOST aggressive process (product/pad/machine speed) that will get the job done by removing the LEAST amount of paint, with the LEAST amount of work, in the LEAST amount of time.

Offline Turbo77

• Café Member
  • ... I'll light up your world like the 4th of July!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:11:18 AM »
The "ramp" where I worked in Del Mar (Pendleton) was right across the street from one of the 1stMarDiv Recon's.  Never saw them...  'cept for the lil glow sticks out in the jetty late at night!

Got the chance to see one of my buddies "initiated" into a Recon platoon though!  Bunch of crazy bastids!  Ceremony was more intense than when I got my blood stripes.  Good bunch of guys though!

Semper Fi!  YAT YAS!!

Offline Boss_429

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
Boss_429

Least aggressive product first = The MOST aggressive process (product/pad/machine speed) that will get the job done by removing the LEAST amount of paint, with the LEAST amount of work, in the LEAST amount of time.

* Recent Photos

IMG_0913.JPG

Views: 1
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal