1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Wheel Brightener and Spray Heads Revisited  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
Wheel Brightener and Spray Heads Revisited
« on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »
Tried several things with the Meg's Wheel Brightener and the Chem Resistant spray heads from ADS.  I was of course having the same problems with the heads lasting 24 hours at the most before the WB ate the seals up.  Went through at least 6 heads trying to figgure this out.  I kept at it because I just flat out love how well this stuff works.  I've never seen anything come close, personally.

I thought I had figgured something out that might work but kept the test running all summer before laying on you guys.

My bottle of WB has now used the same spray head for 3 months now!  :wow:

I use the WB as normal but once I'm done with the vehicle I pull the head off, put the pickup tube end in clean water, squirt it several times till it seems that most of the wb is cleaned out.  Then pull it out of the water and continue to spray till the tube is empty of water.  If you want the pickup tube also pops off and can be blown dry.  Then just stick it back in the bottle.  There will be enough air in the pickup tube to keep the WB away from the seals.  and voiala.

I tried to do it without emptying the tube completely but the WB would just wick up the clean water and destroy the seals anyway albiet much slower.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Wheel Brightener and Spray Heads Revisited
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Good post, I do something similar now...however, I don't put the head back in the bottle, i just pot a bottle cap on it. 
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »
CSAD that's what I do for WB and I haven't gone through a spray head yet. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »
Try Spray & Rinse it work better ;)  and yes the sprayers are chemical resistant not chemical proof .  We usually recommend putting the whole sprayer in your wash water before dumping it out and pulling the sprayer 5-10 times before placing it back in the bottle ... you wouldn't believe how many calls i get from people who don't clean their sprayers  :dope:
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »
I may have to give your wheel cleaner a shot Steve.  Just for the sake of trying it.  Not to mention I've been wanting to get the new SSRs and some more NDL.  The list is building.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
I may have to give your wheel cleaner a shot Steve.  Just for the sake of trying it.  Not to mention I've been wanting to get the new SSRs and some more NDL.  The list is building.

Come on out to Mucungie the weekend of the 28-30 for the Wheels of Time show and save the shipping... we are one of the major sponsors of the show .... if you need a free pass I have a couple left  :whisp:
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
You know that's a very good possibility.  This should be my last busy weekend.  I'll pass on the free coupon though just in case I can't make it.  I appreciate the offer though. 

Offline mntnbike1

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
I picked up some Wheel Brightener a few months back and I agree its great stuff.  I put on a spray head from another wheel cleaner that I bought at Auto Zone or some place.  The spray head went through the entire flourescent green bottle of cleaner and has gone through nearly half of the bottle of Wheel Brightener without any problems what so ever.  I have never rinsed it out once after using it.  Not trying to bust anyones chops but just a heads up if everyone is looking for an easier solution.

* Recent Photos

New Watch

Views: 3
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal