Detailing Products > Quick Detailers & Finishing Sprays

FK1 #425 Ultra Slick Poly Wipe

(1/1)

Rockpick:
http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm#425

Is anyone utilizing this product?

I've been using it now for the better part of two years and continue to be confused by how it acts on certain surfaces...

For example, right now, I have two coats of #21 2.0 and two coats of #16.  These were applied over the past month thus, they're still VERY slick.

On top of a carnauba, it seems to get a bit streaky and leaves a shadow on darker colors (like my Black KR).

On the other hand, my wife's Eddie Bauer Explorer in the dark green color absolutely POPs with this product and very little to no LSP left on the paint (I'm overdue to work on hers).  Further, without much of a LSP left, the anti-static properties are absolutely mind boggling -- yes, it works (not so much on the waxed surface though).

I love the product and it continues to be my 'go-to' product for QD'ing my wheels (as I'm certain that the anti-static makes some difference in brake dust/road grime adhesion) but, I'm constantly puzzled...

Any experiences with this one?

gipraw:
almost the same experience as yours ..   

I have quit using it on customers cars, as I can never be sure how it is going to behave. 

I love the way it pops when it looks good.  I have also found in my experiences that it seems to have a greater probablilty of streaking when topping a carnauba, versus a synthetic.

I love it on top of #21, on top of metallic paint .. 

Old Dogg™:
Never used the product but I do notice that certain products leave spotty darker shadows on my black paint for a day or so. 
What is that?  I always wondered why???
DoDo Supernatural does it, DoDo Blue velvet does not.
NTX 2.0 does it sometimes, Megs Deep Chrystal does not?

It does eventually go away.
I layered my protection with Poli-Seal, Opti-Seal then the lsp's listed above followed by DoDo.

Rockpick:
I'm down to about the last quarter of my secondary bottle.  I'm going to dilute it just a bit with some DI water and see if it behaves the same.  I'll report my findings.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version