1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Maximum Gloss  (Read 21816 times)

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
Re: Maximum Gloss
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 10:01:39 AM »
 :BE: Where did my post go??? w/e... I'm not retyping that thing-- it was too long... :pitty:
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline Ausstar

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »
New to forum

HI guys

Love this forum man... these are the kind of conversations that ive been looking for:)

So I love the statement "try to learn something new every time" Thats really the only way to do this art work. Every paint is so different! One thing I want to add is that it always takes me a good amount of time just to develop my method for the vehicle in hand. There are so many clears out there (as stated), not even to mention a car thats more than 9 years old!!
I find that there is lot to be said for a less aggressive pad with a more aggressive compound but this can be more effective on a softer clear than a harder one. Sometimes with those 'Maybach' ceramic type clears its almost easier to just bash it up so you get your own even spread of mess to correct, otherwise you can complete with some (what look like) minor hairlines that will not polish out!!! On those ceramic clears they are a lot deeper than we think......
Also I find that when mixing and blending products its a necessity to make sure to overlap steps!

Thanks for the great info guys.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum :clap: :thumbsiup:

Offline Val3ntin0

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 07:43:03 AM »
I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if anyone has done this jewelling step with one of the new gold CCS pads, they're even softer than red. I bought two of these pads but haven't had the opportunity to use them yet.

Also, the lightest polish I have in my limited arsenal at this time is Meg's 82 (Cut 3). After removing fine swirling with it on say a white pad, would M82 be a suitable light polish to use with soft pad for the jewelling process or would this polish not be "light enough"?

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »
I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if anyone has done this jewelling step with one of the new gold CCS pads, they're even softer than red. I bought two of these pads but haven't had the opportunity to use them yet.

Also, the lightest polish I have in my limited arsenal at this time is Meg's 82 (Cut 3). After removing fine swirling with it on say a white pad, would M82 be a suitable light polish to use with soft pad for the jewelling process or would this polish not be "light enough"?

Gipraw is our resident master of this process. If anybody can tell you how to do it right, Doug can.

Offline Val3ntin0

• Charter Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 04:05:40 PM »

Also, the lightest polish I have in my limited arsenal at this time is Meg's 82 (Cut 3). After removing fine swirling with it on say a white pad, would M82 be a suitable light polish to use with a soft pad for the jewelling process or would this polish not be "light enough"?

Bump!  :Old Dogg?:

* Recent Photos

products

Views: 3
By: Oklahoma

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal