General Category > The Soap Box

Road construction and stupid people rant!

(1/1)

Kitzy:
Ok.  This is partly informative (incase anyone comes across this situation and doesn't know what to do) and partly just me blowing off steam.  All day long today I have been doing decorative road work that involves closing streets/parts of streets down.  The problem is it was at a large upscale mall.  Lot's of people in a hurry to go shopping.  God forbid should you inconvenience them and force them to take an extra 30 seconds out of their day to take a small detour.  By 30 seconds I literally mean 30 seconds, if that.  Here's the informative part.  If you happen to come to a set of road cones in front of you that appear to be blocking just the right lane(s), that doesn't mean you should cross over to the other side of the road and go around the cones.  If it were that simple, the cones wouldn't be there in the first place.  There is a reason they're there.  Sometimes we need to let traffic (either from cars already in a parking lot or possibly people who live on a street that we closed) out but not in, hence leaving the the other side of the road opena bit.  If you do decide proceed to do this, and you get further down the road to the point where you can't get through because, surprise, there's road work going on, here are a few things that you shouldn't do.  One, don't get as close as possible and sit there staring at the workers as if they should move their equipment and cones.  It's not going to happen.  You are an idiot for going around the cones in the first place.  Two, don't get as close as possible and then flail your arms around.  We don't care.  It only annoys us.  We still aren't opening the road for you.  You are an idiot for going around the cones.  Three, don't ask if you can get through.  You're not special.  Exceptions will be made on occasion for unbelievably hot women.  If you fall in to that category, you won't even have to ask which brings me back to "do not ask".  A couple things to mention.  Spinning your tires and driving as fast as you can in the other direction when you find out your day has just been ruined by a 30 second detour does not phase us.  You're not "showing us" anything other than that you are an idiot.  If you think you deserve special priviledges because you are a cop, fireman, old, handicapped, drive a car worth more than most houses, etc, I'd like to inform you that you are wrong.  Unless you have flashing lights and a siren on, you can go around like everyone else.  Driving aside lets move to the pedestrian side of things.  If you approach a section of work that has cones set up around it and you see guys working, go around their coned off area.  If you decide the extra 50 feet is just too much for you and choose to walk through anyway don't expect us to feel bad when you trip over something and face plant on the asphalt or concrete.  You're an idiot.  You deserve it.  We will however do whatever possible to help make things as easy as we can should you have some kind of disability.  Being blonde is not a disability.  If you walk in our work area and get your heel caught on something and you trip and it comes off, we will laugh at you as soon as you walk away.  You are an idiot. 

To sum everything up in to a nice, neat little package, use some freakin common sense.  Really.  Think before you act.  Don't be stupid, it's not smart.

Mike2301:
Sounds like you had a long day man.

Want a twinkie?

:biglaugh:

Kitzy:
Hohos please! 

Rockpick:
Cup cakes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version