Interior Detailing > Interior Detailing Tips, Advice

Headliner Cleaning

(1/4) > >>

guitarman502:
How does everyone clean headliners?  My Fiance's car has some dirty stains on her headliner.  I have APC+, but I don't want to spray it on there and rub because the headliner fabric is so thin and I am afraid of pulling it loose.

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: guitarman502 on July 06, 2008, 05:14:17 PM ---How does everyone clean headliners?  My Fiance's car has some dirty stains on her headliner.  I have APC+, but I don't want to spray it on there and rub because the headliner fabric is so thin and I am afraid of pulling it loose.

--- End quote ---

yeah I wouldn't use APC+ there either.    I have had incredible results with Folex.  Haven't used it on a headliner but I am sure its fine.   

Maybe others will chime in but based on Hwm3 using it, I tried it out on several hard spots in fabric...presto, like a champ. 

DnD Auto Detailing:
I like ProChem Fine Fabric Shampoo. Use a soft towel and just dab the area, you dont want to scrub.

guitarman502:
thanks all.  Hopefully i'll be able to pick up some of that fine shampoo.  I saw someone over at f150online and i think maybe on here use Woolite on the interior... any chance that would work on the headliner?

DnD Auto Detailing:
Woolite should not be used on the interior. It is a detergent and needs to be completely rinsed out, you cant soak the interior with water. This will leave the surface more prone to soiling. It also has optical brighteners in it. Keep Woolite in the laundry room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version