Detailing Products > Quick Detailers & Finishing Sprays

ONR Question

<< < (2/6) > >>

Obsessive Detail:
Yes, just use light pressure with the grout sponge.  If the vehicle is really dirty, sometimes you want to do a few passes on the same panel.  If you are using ONR correctly, you won't get any dirt at all on your towel.  Some people make the mistake of taking one pass and thinking the paint is clean and it usually need another pass or two.

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: Obsessive Detail on May 08, 2009, 08:20:55 PM ---Yes, just use light pressure with the grout sponge.  If the vehicle is really dirty, sometimes you want to do a few passes on the same panel.  If you are using ONR correctly, you won't get any dirt at all on your towel.  Some people make the mistake of taking one pass and thinking the paint is clean and it usually need another pass or two.

--- End quote ---

good point

Old Dogg™:
The dirtier the vehicle the quicker the mitt (or whatever media gets) gets dirty.

Light dirt=1 wash mit
Average dirg=2 mits

Very dirty stuff and wheels I use soap for my peace of mind but...
Quoted from http://www.optimumcarcare.com/forums.htm

"The polymers in No Rinse have reactive groups that bond and trap dirt particles making the dirt particles virtually non-abrasive. They also bond to oily particles and emulsify them into water. The latter is equivalent to the cleaning action from soaps which also work by emulsifying oil particles into water. However, with soap there is no interaction with dirt. This is why adding No Rinse to a regular wash also helps protect the paint from dirt particles.

The No Rinse polymers also bond to all automotive surfaces and create a slick surface and act as a barrier to protect paint from marring. That is something that soap will not provide since surfactants in soaps have no affinity for painted or other automotive surfaces."

So in theory there is no such thing as too dirty....

Rollingrock:
Thanks for that.

the last time I did the ONR on trucks, I did one half...changed the water and did the second half.

May be wasteful but it made me feel better.   I did also use 2 different wash mits making me happy I bought 4 of the Blue LC things...

Old Dogg™:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on May 08, 2009, 10:03:25 PM ---Thanks for that.

the last time I did the ONR on trucks, I did one half...changed the water and did the second half.

May be wasteful but it made me feel better.   I did also use 2 different wash mits making me happy I bought 4 of the Blue LC things...
--- End quote ---
Most of the dirt stays in the mit more so than the water.
This is why I switched back to cotton mitts as they release the dirt easier than microfiber when you detergent rinse to clean them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version