March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Best protection on chrome?  (Read 3292 times)

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
Best protection on chrome?
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
I am getting ready to put back custom wheels back on for the year and had a quick question.... I just polished them with Meguiar's Hot rims chrome polish, which seems to be pretty good stuff - leaves a crazy shine, and was wondering what would be the best thing I could put on them for a little more protection? I have NXT paste, NXT2.0, M16, M26, natty's red and white, EX-P, and a few spray waxes. I use Mother's spray wax after washes to dress them up a little, but figured while they were off I'd go a step farther...

Thoughts?
LD

Offline Poorboy

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Poorboy's World Detailing Products
Re: Best protection on chrome?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »
I'd use Wheel Sealant as a first choice, but if you want to use what you have, then I'd go with EX-P and stay away from anything with wax in it.
Wax and heat don't mix and wax will also mute the shine as well as attract more dirt when warm.
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
Funny you mention that since I have been debating sending you a PM about PB wheel sealant.... I do have a tub of that stuff. The first time I used it I only applied 1 coat to see what it was like, and it seemed to attract brake dust like CRAZY. I see that it says 2 or 3 coats will make it repel brake dust even better, does this hold true??
LD

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:25:29 PM »
I've been using Optimum Opti Seal a lot lately on customer vehicles.  This had great durability and is really cost effective, you barely use any at all on wheels.

Offline Chesney09

• Café Member
  • GO STEELERS!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:45:54 PM »
Funny you mention that since I have been debating sending you a PM about PB wheel sealant.... I do have a tub of that stuff. The first time I used it I only applied 1 coat to see what it was like, and it seemed to attract brake dust like CRAZY. I see that it says 2 or 3 coats will make it repel brake dust even better, does this hold true??

X2
I got the same results... I'm due to give the ol' girl another lil detail and will do the 2 or 3 coats like it says, but wondered the same thing if 2 or 3 would give better results then just 1 coat...  :punch:
Detailing is nothing but a passion, and only becomes an obsession when you find yourself waking up at 4am to detail your truck...

Offline Poorboy

• Poorboy's World Detailing Products
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:34:12 AM »
I think you have the wrong idea about wheel sealant ...it's not going to prevent brake dust, it's there to protect the wheel. "If your vehicle puts out a lot of brake dust change to ceramic pads, if you do get brake dust, the Wheel Sealant makes it very easy to clean the wheel. Yes, 2-3 coats will make the brake dust not stick as much , but it not prevent. By using Wheel Sealant every 3-5 months, the wheels should come clean with just a light wash and no harsh chemicals will be needed.
life is short ..do it while you can
www.poorboysworld.com
www.ultrafinish.com/store  (**new microfiber only site)

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal