1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff  (Read 165951 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Kitzy's Random Drone Stuff
« Reply #285 on: March 18, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »
Holy crap Batman! What altitude was that taken at?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »
Holy crap Batman! What altitude was that taken at?
I don't know the exact number but I kept it legal.  I stayed below 400 feet.  These were taken with the drone hovering directly above my house. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:40 PM »
My best attempt at being JP, trying to kill it with the sunset photos.  Haha

We had a band of severe storms roll through the area but it didn't make it over the mountain to us.  What we did get was a killer sunset.  I was busy in the garage so I hesitated then came to my senses and ran in to get the drone.

And I still haven't messed with any other hosting yet so it is what it is.

Those are really nice dude....great work.   I just don't have time to fly right now
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
My best attempt at being JP, trying to kill it with the sunset photos.  Haha

We had a band of severe storms roll through the area but it didn't make it over the mountain to us.  What we did get was a killer sunset.  I was busy in the garage so I hesitated then came to my senses and ran in to get the drone.

And I still haven't messed with any other hosting yet so it is what it is.

Those are really nice dude....great work.   I just don't have time to fly right now
You're a big time politician now.  You don't have time for hobbies or us little people. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2019, 09:38:33 PM »
LOL....um no, I have to win first.

Its work and Archery that am tied down too right now.  Trying to make a comeback.

PS . my buddy shot this footage the other day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nc5Qio5rtw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3WsaKeOn5duQDMqk16YIcduwof4vbxv3CEVzVuhmp3CB4-C9Y8v0b9mrI

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »
LOL....um no, I have to win first.

Its work and Archery that am tied down too right now.  Trying to make a comeback.

PS . my buddy shot this footage the other day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nc5Qio5rtw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3WsaKeOn5duQDMqk16YIcduwof4vbxv3CEVzVuhmp3CB4-C9Y8v0b9mrI
That's some ballsy flying.  I say that mostly because splitting the bridges like that could cause all types of interference from the surrounding metal.  I've seen it throw a drone way out of wack and it starts to do crazy stuff. 

Funny though.  I noticed I spend too much time on the drone forum.  Everyone would be losing their kinds that he flew over a busy road.  I don't have a problem with it myself. Hell, I'd probably do it myself.  It creates rage though and everyone starts complaining, saying take the video down because it looks bad on the drone community.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2019, 07:28:14 AM »
New pictures.  On topic of not being allowed to fly places, apparently the rules are sketchy at Beltzville, one of the 5 state parks that allow drones.  I guess there's a permit involved and a field you're restricted to.  So I guess flying from the main boat ramp is a no-no.  Oh well.  The last three times I've gone there, the same guy has been parked there, just sitting there.  He showed I once while I was wrapping up my flight.  Once when I just stopped by to see if the lake had melted yet.  And again at sunrise when I wanted to fly.  I'm starting to think he works there.

Ended up not attempting that sunrise flight partially because he was there and also because the lake wasn't calm enough for my intent.  After killing a couple batteries elsewhere, I noticed everyone's ponds were settling down so I went back and he was gone.  Game on!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2019, 11:29:04 AM »
Seriously amazing shots Mike!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2019, 11:13:34 PM »
New pictures.  On topic of not being allowed to fly places, apparently the rules are sketchy at Beltzville, one of the 5 state parks that allow drones.  I guess there's a permit involved and a field you're restricted to.  So I guess flying from the main boat ramp is a no-no.  Oh well.  The last three times I've gone there, the same guy has been parked there, just sitting there.  He showed I once while I was wrapping up my flight.  Once when I just stopped by to see if the lake had melted yet.  And again at sunrise when I wanted to fly.  I'm starting to think he works there.

Ended up not attempting that sunrise flight partially because he was there and also because the lake wasn't calm enough for my intent.  After killing a couple batteries elsewhere, I noticed everyone's ponds were settling down so I went back and he was gone.  Game on!

Dude, Mike these are seriously, some amazing photos man.   Really nice composition.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2019, 07:32:55 AM »
Thanks, guys!  I appreciate it.

Jason, I'm always trying to work on better composition.  It's something I really notice and appreciate in other people's photos. 

The other thing is trying to really nail down Lightroom and Photoshop.  I feel like everytime I sit down to edit a set of photos I figure something else out to help bring back what I remember seeing in person. 

This camera is limited.  Sharpness and low light leave a lot to be desired so  I've been trying to keep that in kind and work around it's limitations. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: March 28, 2019, 08:49:38 AM »
Here's a few more.

We need some color around here.  That Pano is a 180 degree shot of the Appalachian Trail. It's made up of 21 pictures and stitched together. 

The excavator was a just because it looked cool.  I noticed it on the way back from chasing down a train I saw. Unfortunately the train shots didn't come great because of sun flares.  The train was moving and I didn't have a long time to set the shot up.  I might revisit those shots though.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
Although you say they need some color, those are awesome shots Mike!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2019, 12:39:18 PM »
I really like that excavator shot!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2019, 01:13:41 PM »
I really like that excavator shot!
Yeah, there's something about it.  It caught my eye from a distance.  Didn't know how it was going to turn out.  I took another slightly different shot but I didn't do anything with it.  I might see how that one turned out. 

Also, I was really surprised I was able to drop down so low behind something and not lose contact.  You can't tell but through the arch of the arm is actually my truck in the distance. 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 01:18:30 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »
I appreciate that, Tom!  We just need some spring colors already.  There's beauty in snow and when things turn green and flower and bloom, but in between, it's just ugly mud.

So I revisited the excavator and train.  I still do the like the sun flair in the bottom left of the train photo.  It would take too long to edit out so I just left it.  In that picture, you can see the excavator off to the right.  If you look next to the off ramp at the far right, you will see my truck parked there.  I didn't of the flying from in the truck but I got out and walked about 50 feet to avoid anything blocking my signal. 

The excavator shot is very similar to the other one except I repositioned slightly to allow the sun to show through the arm and the hydraulic cylinder. 

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 20
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal