1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: And this happened.....  (Read 11156 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: And this happened.....
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »
You do realize that if it was any of us that got our brandy new truck hit, there would have been dented sheet metal involved.

What do you mean Tom?  B/c the 250 is aluminum now?

No. It's because our luck isn't nearly as good as yours!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »
WTF...  6 deer?  Was this an entire herd at once? 
Well..... I've managed to hit six Deer and have a young girl back her car into the front my truck in the 18 months I've owned I'd say you're off to a good start. lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nope! All individual Deer although I did have the plow on when I hit #4.

You need to start putting pictures of dead deer on your front fender like the WWII fighter pilots did for each kill. Oh wait, your fender won't be big enough!

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »
The Linex looks really good and I love the color match. I can't wait for the shameless reflecto shots of this truck.
Good enough never is

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 05:10:47 PM »
Well..... I've managed to hit six Deer and have a young girl back her car into the front my truck in the 18 months I've owned I'd say you're off to a good start. lol

Not much left to field dress after my truck gets done with them.

Totally missed this, what Mike said...6 deer?   I hope field dressed them.   :) .
Good enough never is

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
The Linex looks really good and I love the color match. I can't wait for the shameless reflecto shots of this truck.

they are coming....and they are shameless-shameless quality
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 07:04:04 PM »
Letting it warm up a little before I start on the truck.   I hope it doesn't take all day.   My plan changed a little, I think I am just going to clay the surface and hit the entire truck with Menzerna SuperFine 440 then opti-coat.  Not sure if Optimum Hyper Polish has filler in it.  Need to research that real quick.

Were those shameless shots after opticoating it ?
- that was quick if you got it done and let a cure time hit before taking it to fueling.

I have been working more on the paint on the NAV.  I got the hood done ( less 2 marks the Mrs cannot see ), front fenders ( all 3 have PL on them ) and the roof I got the marks out where the rack was on it and Opticoated the roof yesterday at lunch time.
- Had all the work one, tore up a few LC Org pads and trashed a 3.25" Megs MF cutting pad on the swirl killer mini.

BTW : I have been trying out the griot's garage fast correcting cream on this go around.
- The Nav was a mess when I got it.  The previous owners treated it like a heroin addict treats their central nervous system.

The Fast correcting cream is not a severe defects ( as they state )product but it is a nice step between Opt Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish.
- Griot should try Hyper Compound to understand what is for severe defects

The nice thing about fast correcting cream is after 3 passes at 6 on the flex, 'medium pressure' and a normal ( slow ) pace then 2 more passes only with the weight of the machine a bit faster; it really finished out nice.
I am in the 50s with low humidity ( when I did the work ) and could get 5 passes out of a 2x2 area.
Removal was nice.  Low dusting from it and the Hyper Polish on LC White then Pro Polish on blue were real easy.

Just a bit of OT info I found out this week.

CRAP !!! what are we doing posting about detailing ????
 :funny:
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »
Letting it warm up a little before I start on the truck.   I hope it doesn't take all day.   My plan changed a little, I think I am just going to clay the surface and hit the entire truck with Menzerna SuperFine 440 then opti-coat.  Not sure if Optimum Hyper Polish has filler in it.  Need to research that real quick.

Were those shameless shots after opticoating it ?
- that was quick if you got it done and let a cure time hit before taking it to fueling.

I have been working more on the paint on the NAV.  I got the hood done ( less 2 marks the Mrs cannot see ), front fenders ( all 3 have PL on them ) and the roof I got the marks out where the rack was on it and Opticoated the roof yesterday at lunch time.
- Had all the work one, tore up a few LC Org pads and trashed a 3.25" Megs MF cutting pad on the swirl killer mini.

BTW : I have been trying out the griot's garage fast correcting cream on this go around.
- The Nav was a mess when I got it.  The previous owners treated it like a heroin addict treats their central nervous system.

The Fast correcting cream is not a severe defects ( as they state )product but it is a nice step between Opt Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish.
- Griot should try Hyper Compound to understand what is for severe defects

The nice thing about fast correcting cream is after 3 passes at 6 on the flex, 'medium pressure' and a normal ( slow ) pace then 2 more passes only with the weight of the machine a bit faster; it really finished out nice.
I am in the 50s with low humidity ( when I did the work ) and could get 5 passes out of a 2x2 area.
Removal was nice.  Low dusting from it and the Hyper Polish on LC White then Pro Polish on blue were real easy.

Just a bit of OT info I found out this week.

CRAP !!! what are we doing posting about detailing ????
 :funny:

Shamless posts are up...what did you mean by cure time and fueling?   Opti-Coat 2.0 is on now, I will finish up the detail tomorrow with the glass, wheels, wells, chrome etc.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 11:19:16 AM »
Shamless posts are up...what did you mean by cure time and fueling?   Opti-Coat 2.0 is on now, I will finish up the detail tomorrow with the glass, wheels, wells, chrome etc.

It seemed pretty quick from correction to OC to the shots.
- I only took a quick look of the shameless shots, and thought it was at a station while you were fueling the truck. On further inspection it was the garage. :dope:

I usually leave the truck alone for a few hours after applying OC.   I really like to let it sit for 24 hours, but that is not required.
- Hell the guys in NJ wash, iron process, correct, apply OC and then clear paint wrap in a single day.
Steve

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 6
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal