* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 21020 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2020, 06:21:25 PM »
Yay, they just announced that everyone in our company will be reduced by 20% pay and hours.

Hopefully it stops there, but I don’t think it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is better than collecting unemployment benefits.. :dunno:

I would love it if our company started this process, but they are going to be binary.  Full hours then laid off.

We’ll be fine for sure, but this will put a screeching halt to getting the lift done on the truck this summer and our planned deck re-build....<snip>...

The weekend of 13-MAR, we called off all major projects this year.
I think this line of thinking is going to be somewhat wide spread, hitting the economy as the year goes on..
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »
After calling off the NJ job, my boss called me the very next morning and said the contractor was really pushing to have us come in and said he had 6 or 7 other subs from PA there too.  My boss asked me how I was doing (I still have a minor but steadily improving cough) and asked if I could go and who else could go.  I didn't even ask the other guys.  I just told him no one.  It kind of pissed me off.  Its also really shitty on the contractors part to try to push us to come out given everything going on.  And as of about 45 minutes ago Trump announced that he is considering a quarantine of major hot zones which include the entire states of NY, NJ and Ct. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 08:52:05 PM »
After calling off the NJ job, my boss called me the very next morning and said the contractor was really pushing to have us come in and said he had 6 or 7 other subs from PA there too.  My boss asked me how I was doing (I still have a minor but steadily improving cough) and asked if I could go and who else could go.  I didn't even ask the other guys.  I just told him no one.  It kind of pissed me off.  Its also really shitty on the contractors part to try to push us to come out given everything going on.  And as of about 45 minutes ago Trump announced that he is considering a quarantine of major hot zones which include the entire states of NY, NJ and Ct. 

That’s kinda crappy, but good on you for not giving in.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2020, 03:06:58 PM »
Our county has finally been placed on a Stay At Home order.  Which basically means nothing.  It's like their way of saying, "No, we really mean it now!" We can still go to any of the stores still open and we can still go out for exercise like hiking and walking.  The current orders have been extended from April 6th, to the 30th and now they are saying indefinitely. 

I did just see new tests are rolling out.  Instead of days to weeks, there are two new tests that take 45 minutes and the other 5 minutes.  So watch for a jump in numbers real soon. 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:08:50 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2020, 03:25:59 PM »
Well, that job I kept saying no to is happening.  I got a call from the boss man today.  The main contractor is pushing to get it done.  They said if everything on site isn't finished then payment to them gets withheld.  And it has to be done by Monday.  It's not a huge job.  So weather permitting, we can do it in two days.  I just can't help thinking that with everything going on, exceptions can't be made if a contractor feels it isunsafe for them to do their job.  Especially on our end since the only thing we have to do is install 6 decorative crosswalks. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »
Scheduled to return to work Monday, weather permitting.  Minus one guy who refuses to come back, yet.

Went to the grocery store the other day, they started doing the one way isles.  What a cluster Fk.  And nobody though to turn off the damn automated robot that patrols the store.  They have a single line to check out that wraps all the way around the store.  It was awful.  And now they are limiting how many people can enter the store at a time so there's a line outside to get in. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »
And nobody though to turn off the damn automated robot that patrols the store.

You have robots that patrol your supermarkets? What do they do, zap folks with too many rolls of toilet paper?  :burn:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2020, 04:22:34 PM »

You have robots that patrol your supermarkets? What do they do, zap folks with too many rolls of toilet paper?  :burn:
You mean you don't?  And I'll have you know, his name is Marty.

According to The Washington Post,

“Marty is an autonomous robot that uses image capturing technology to report spills, debris and other potential hazards to store employees to improve your shopping experience.”

Although, it's commonly thought that it's just spying on customers and employees.  Whatever.  I don't care either way.  I just want to drop kick him in his googly eyes everytime he gets in my way, which is everytime I'm there. 

They do ask that you not trap Marty. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

“Marty is an autonomous robot that uses image capturing technology to report spills, debris and other potential hazards to store employees to improve your shopping experience.”

Although, it's commonly thought that it's just spying on customers and employees.  Whatever.  I don't care either way.  I just want to drop kick him in his googly eyes everytime he gets in my way, which is everytime I'm there. 

Wow, that's just a little too creepy for me. Up here we have Wegman's Food Markets (which is headquartered here) and they consistently rank as the best supermarket chain in the country. Their theory is to provide the best possible customer service by having the best possible employees. They'd probably laugh at that thing.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2020, 06:48:35 PM »

“Marty is an autonomous robot that uses image capturing technology to report spills, debris and other potential hazards to store employees to improve your shopping experience.”

Wow, that's just a little too creepy for me. Up here we have Wegman's Food Markets (which is headquartered here) and they consistently rank as the best supermarket chain in the country. Their theory is to provide the best possible customer service by having the best possible employees. They'd probably laugh at that thing.
There are Wegmans around here as well.  I actually dont like their stores at all.  In our area, they attract a certain type of people.  The type of people who think they're better than you.  They make it known as they prance around the store with total disregard to you being there.  It probably has a little to do with their location in higher end areas of the city.  Both locations are about 15 minutes apart but in different cities.  Each in ritzier areas of their respective city.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2020, 07:50:15 AM »

There are Wegmans around here as well.  I actually dont like their stores at all.  In our area, they attract a certain type of people.  The type of people who think they're better than you.  They make it known as they prance around the store with total disregard to you being there.  It probably has a little to do with their location in higher end areas of the city.  Both locations are about 15 minutes apart but in different cities.  Each in ritzier areas of their respective city.

Interesting. I've heard that about Wegman's stores in other areas. Here in Rochester where they started, we're all kind of spoiled and used to them. That explains why normal folks like me shop there all the time. Truth be told, I thought all supermarkets were like Wegman's until I started traveling around the country. Man, Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, and all the rest are like Wegman's 20 years ago!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2020, 08:08:30 AM »

Interesting. I've heard that about Wegman's stores in other areas. Here in Rochester where they started, we're all kind of spoiled and used to them. That explains why normal folks like me shop there all the time. Truth be told, I thought all supermarkets were like Wegman's until I started traveling around the country. Man, Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, and all the rest are like Wegman's 20 years ago!
So just to elaborate a little because I have nothing better to do right now.  Besides the people being rude, there are things I do not like about the store itself.  The cafe area looks great and prepared food is pretty good.  But the rest of the store seems to be lacking and has a very warehouse-like feel go it.  Which is fine really, just feels weird.  That's not really a pro or con.  But half of the floor is a weird real tile floor where the grout is recessed deeper than the tile so the shopping cart wheels drop down in to each grout every 6 inches and you feel like your teeth are going to rattle out of your head as it resonates through the cart.  Also, I get road rage (isle rage?) when I'm at the supermarket because of the way people blow through the ends of the isles and will smash in to you and look at you like it was your fault.  Well, that easily quadruples at Wegmans because of the customers that shop there around here but also the isle designs.  Instead of single long runs from one end to the other, each isle is intersected by perpendicular isles twice in the middle.  So like a tic tac toe board.  They need traffic lights in each isle. 

This has been a long supermarket rant.  I'm done now. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2020, 09:56:10 AM »
Went back to work this week.  Now it looks like I have off next week.  Some townships are not allowing work to be done.  So the job that's ready for us has to wait and we have to wait for other jobs to become ready for us.  I had 3 solid days of work. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2020, 11:48:39 AM »
I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, lol.

I hope you can stay safe either way. Sounds like your fearless leader is ready to open things up again. It could get interesting.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2020, 12:13:03 PM »
I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, lol.

I hope you can stay safe either way. Sounds like your fearless leader is ready to open things up again. It could get interesting.

That's exactly it.  Good and bad.  But honestly, I think everyone is starting to feel the same.  They want things open back up.  It's almost like, yeah, we get it.  Take precautions, be smart, make good decisions but the economy can only handle so much.  And it's getting increasingly more difficult to even get to the store.  Every week there are new, tighter regulations. 

* Recent Photos

pic6

Views: 8
By: leedriver

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal